The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] VAN-CAR

A lot of people are saying Carolina's defense looks good for the future and seeing that they have three high draft picks that are not on the team at the moment I say we try to grab one from them.

VAN: SUBBAN and BAERTSCHI

CAR: Hayden Fluery

Canucks get a good Defense man for that can anchor the back-end with OJ. Carolina gets a winger that can score when paired with a skilled centre (thats not a knock on BO two different playing styles) and could find some success plalying in the East (not as physical). With Subban you get a young D that has offensive abilities, Drafted a year before Fluery both playing in the AHL currently and Subban may be better suited for the East with the smaller teams.

3 minutes ago, doodle sack said:

A lot of people are saying Carolina's defense looks good for the future and seeing that they have three high draft picks that are not on the team at the moment I say we try to grab one from them.

VAN: SUBBAN and BAERTSCHI

CAR: Hayden Fluery

Canucks get a good Defense man for that can anchor the back-end with OJ. Carolina gets a winger that can score when paired with a skilled centre (thats not a knock on BO two different playing styles) and could find some success plalying in the East (not as physical). With Subban you get a young D that has offensive abilities, Drafted a year before Fluery both playing in the AHL currently and Subban may be better suited for the East with the smaller teams.

We don't need any more d men though. We need forwards which means we shouldn't be trading Baertschi unless we get another forward in return. And I don't think Baertschi and Subban net you a former 7th overall pick...

We're perfectly fine with the Defense we have now and if anything, we shouldn't be trading away that defensive depth. The team needs scoring forwards, not scoring defensemen, Unless you get a top tier scoring defensemen, you're trading for a guy thats going to provide more turnovers.

Archived