The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

The more I think about Rodin, I keep thinking of how good of a fit he will be with Kesler.

Brings play making abilities, some speed and a decent physical game. Plays a good 2-way game. I really have doubts he'll be ready next year, but as Higgins' contract ends, I can really see Rodin being the 3rd member of whatever the Kesler line is at that point.

Edited by Thomas Gradin

Guest Dasein

The more I think about Rodin, I keep thinking of how good of a fit he will be with Kesler.

Brings play making abilities, some speed and a decent physical game. Plays a good 2-way game. I really have doubts he'll be ready next year, but as Higgins' contract ends, I can really see Rodin being the 3rd member of whatever the Kesler line is at that point.

Higgins is not going to play with Kesler unless there's an injury. He's not 2nd line material - Higgins is not in the way of Rodin earning a top 6 roster spot.

Higgins is not going to play with Kesler unless there's an injury. He's not 2nd line material - Higgins is not in the way of Rodin earning a top 6 roster spot.

So who's our top six? Kesler, Raymond, Samuelsson?

On an moderately related note, yeesh, with Sammy and Raymond's contracts expiring this coming season, we need some of these young guys to start pushing; if they don't, we'll have to turn them into second liners via trade :(

Edit: HAAAA. . . just read your post in Cody's thread, Dasein.

How is "Dasein" pronounced anyways?

Edited by bluesy_shoes

Gillis' plan is finally nearing fruition. After the end of next season we should start seeing guys like Hodgson and maybe Rodin push for spots with the team.

Also, to me Higgins is not an ideal 2nd liner. I know he was hampered by that foot injury in the playoffs but he's more of a 3rd line guy, who maybe even gets pushed down to the 4th line if we find a good winger for Kesler and Raymond comes back to play on the 3rd line. Higgins' goal-scoring ability just doesn't seem to be there anymore, unfortunately. Still a heck of a 2-way player though.

On an moderately related note, yeesh, with Sammy and Raymond's contracts expiring this coming season, we need some of these young guys to start pushing; if they don't, we'll have to turn them into second liners via trade :(

I think Hodgson's going to take Sammy's spot, when his contract ends.

Raymond will be kept because he can play on lines 2-4 and he will be at a discount hopefully because of his back injury.

For this year I think Sturm and Samuelsson would be two excellent veterans to play with Kesler. Both guys are gritty two way players, and I don't think Kesler needs a playmaker, he scored 41 without one.

I think Hodgson's going to take Sammy's spot, when his contract ends.

Raymond will be kept because he can play on lines 2-4 and he will be at a discount hopefully because of his back injury.

For this year I think Sturm and Samuelsson would be two excellent veterans to play with Kesler. Both guys are gritty two way players, and I don't think Kesler needs a playmaker, he scored 41 without one.

Well, he did have a bit of help from Henrik. But only a little bit. His he only had 3 more PP goals than the year previous. Anyways, I think you are right about Raymond. I think he's starting to look like a great 3rd liner. I almost feel as if he'll score more if he just stops trying so hard. He's gotta let the game come to him more or something.

I hope Samuelsson's floating was due to his injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy. In the finals, I think we missed him more than he gets credit for.

Well, he did have a bit of help from Henrik. But only a little bit. His he only had 3 more PP goals than the year previous. Anyways, I think you are right about Raymond. I think he's starting to look like a great 3rd liner. I almost feel as if he'll score more if he just stops trying so hard. He's gotta let the game come to him more or something.

I hope Samuelsson's floating was due to his injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy. In the finals, I think we missed him more than he gets credit for.

Sammy was hurt all year with torn abdominal muscles. How he even managed 50 points is incredible. We really, really missed him in the playoffs. He solidifies our offense.

Guest Dasein

How is "Dasein" pronounced anyways?

Deh - zah - in. I think.

Anyways, Samuelsson and Raymond's contracts are indeed expiring this coming season. Really, really missed Samuelsson's offense and cup experience in the playoffs. If we don't win this upcoming season, I could see MG signing Samuelsson to a 1 year extension for his services if Samuelsson keeps up the pace. He's the ONLY member of this team with a ring, and that's pretty valuable. Although, he might be moved down to the 4th line while getting PP minutes.

And Raymond, I think will get re-signed at the same value. He's an RFA, and I think his role is going to be refined as a scoring 3rd line winger.

D Sedin - H Sedin - _______

Burrows - Kesler - Hodgson

Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen

Rodin/Archibald - Lapierre - Samuelsson

Is what I'd like our lineup to be in 2012-2013. For ________ I'm hoping a power forward with grit - Bertuzzi-esque player in his prime.

Edited by Dasein

Sammy was hurt all year with torn abdominal muscles. How he even managed 50 points is incredible. We really, really missed him in the playoffs. He solidifies our offense.

Is Samuelsson in his final year of his contract with the Canucks?

We sure did miss him in the playoffs. Hopefully he can stay healthy

for next years playoffs.

Deh - zah - in. I think.

Anyways, Samuelsson and Raymond's contracts are indeed expiring this coming season. Really, really missed Samuelsson's offense and cup experience in the playoffs. If we don't win this upcoming season, I could see MG signing Samuelsson to a 1 year extension for his services if Samuelsson keeps up the pace. He's the ONLY member of this team with a ring, and that's pretty valuable. Although, he might be moved down to the 4th line while getting PP minutes.

And Raymond, I think will get re-signed at the same value. He's an RFA, and I think his role is going to be refined as a scoring 3rd line winger.

D Sedin - H Sedin - _______

Burrows - Kesler - Hodgson

Raymond - Malhotra - Hansen

Rodin/Archibald - Lapierre - Samuelsson

Is what I'd like our lineup to be in 2012-2013. For ________ I'm hoping a power forward with grit - Bertuzzi-esque player in his prime.

where u gonna put Sturn On the lineup man?!?

Guest Dasein

where u gonna put Sturn On the lineup man?!?

LOL firstly I don't think Sturn is ever going to make the Canucks. As for Sturm, he signed a 1-year deal, so I don't see him in our 2012-2013 lineup, which was what I was talking about.

LOL firstly I don't think Sturn is ever going to make the Canucks. As for Sturm, he signed a 1-year deal, so I don't see him in our 2012-2013 lineup, which was what I was talking about.

Uhhhh.....how isn't he going to make our team? Mg wouldn't sign a player for over 2 mill if he wasn't going to make the team.

Uhhhh.....how isn't he going to make our team? Mg wouldn't sign a player for over 2 mill if he wasn't going to make the team.

He's subtly pointing out your spelling error. Sturn and Sturm are two different players.

Edited by ThinkTank

Guest Dasein

Well, other than the spelling mistake, I DID point out that I was talking about 2012-2013...NOT 2011-2012 where we will have Sturm.

Kind of getting tired of pointing that out now...