The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anton Rodin | RW/LW

b3.

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

The future looks bright indeed with these future stars ::D

Lol way to surface a post over 4 years old. Pointing to the fact that we did add size and grit - the first group had none. 

Also the second group has played 443 in a Canucks uniform - 581 if you consider Shinkaruk was a straight across prospect swap for Granlund. 

The first group combined a pitiful 150 games - 321 if you include the Hodgson for Kassian prospect swap. 

We also have Horvat and Gaunce still regulars with the org plus Granlund. Cole Cassels has gotten better but still a stretch - if his rookie year was as good as this past year I would be more optimistic. 

25 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Lol way to surface a post over 4 years old. Pointing to the fact that we did add size and grit - the first group had none. 

Also the second group has played 443 in a Canucks uniform - 581 if you consider Shinkaruk was a straight across prospect swap for Granlund. 

The first group combined a pitiful 150 games - 321 if you include the Hodgson for Kassian prospect swap. 

We also have Horvat and Gaunce still regulars with the org plus Granlund. Cole Cassels has gotten better but still a stretch - if his rookie year was as good as this past year I would be more optimistic. 

damn

don't you just hate it ?

what you post in the past online

always remains online ?

sucks when you are bitten by your own words :P

those bites hurt the worst

and you make it all more silly by not just owning it

but trying to still justify the old words in some contorted manner ..

Edited by coastal.view

30 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

I actually still have faith that Cassels could be our 4th line center. As I said before you can't just ignore someone that can shut down McDavid in high pressure games.

48 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

It just shows how bad our drafting was before the current management group

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I actually still have faith that Cassels could be our 4th line center. As I said before you can't just ignore someone that can shut down McDavid in high pressure games.

That's what Lucic has done since signing with Edmonton.

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, coastal.view said:

damn

don't you just hate it ?

what you post in the past online

always remains online ?

sucks when you are bitten by your own words :P

those bites hurt the worst

and you make it all more silly by not just owning it

but trying to still justify the old words in some contorted manner ..

I didn’t even say the group would account to anything, just that it had more size, grit, and skill which it did both now and at the time. Our forward prospects were all smaller, softer skill players prior.

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

White used to be our 4th-best forward prospect?

:wacko:

He's currently an UFA it's not too late to turn back the time and have him at a Canucks uniform.

This could still be the face of the franchise

Pat-white-hockey-player.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rodin had signed with Anaheim.  Capfriendly lists his salary as 750k in either NHL or AHL, so one way contract.  I think things might finally be going his way.  He had a solid playoff run in Switzerland and led Davos in scoring.  The Ducks may have found a diamond in the rough.

7 hours ago, RogersTowell said:

Rodin had signed with Anaheim.  Capfriendly lists his salary as 750k in either NHL or AHL, so one way contract.  I think things might finally be going his way.  He had a solid playoff run in Switzerland and led Davos in scoring.  The Ducks may have found a diamond in the rough.

He's too old to be a rookie anymore, but he's still 27 years old, so Anaheim could get some good hockey out of him if he still has some game in him.

• Cheers 1

He seems a really good guy, who had terrible luck with his health.  I could cheer for him to do well, just as long as it’s not against us.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Agreed.   He is an extremely talented guy and his drive to be in the NHL in spite of several really discouraging injury situations is something you have to admire given the $'s available to him in Europe would be even slightly better (when all the perks are accounted) to what he is going to get in Anaheim.   

Pulling for him.   Agreed with @Alflives, seems a really good guy too.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Saw Anton play live with Brynas in SHL last night. He's still a good player but nowhere near the player he was 2-3 years ago, especially his skating is clearly not at the same level anymore after his injuries. So pretty likely he'll play his remaining years in the SHL now, nothing wrong with that but his bad luck still stings a bit, should've been a Canuck!