The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time for Tankers to face the TRUTH.

hearditall

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:
6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Some of the fans are a real chuckle aren't they. If the words rebuild or tank are mentioned they think strip down to nothing.

No that's what Tankers want. JB is re-building by NOT stripping down to nothing just like u say.

That's what Tankers don't get...

Show me a team with NO VETS dreamers (tankers). Even the Full Re-Build ones like I provided above have them...

52 minutes ago, hearditall said:

No matter how U re-build, every team still has VETS on it... LE will be our only Vet up front after next season. That's hardly going to be a problem...

You need vets. You absoltuely do. But you can get these without having to commit to a 6 year 6 mil ntc contract . You can get mid 20s players like granlund/bae this way too rather than trade youth and picks for them

1.) Get picks.  Draft kids.

2.) Dip into free agency and sign veterans to shelter the kids 

From last years UFA class. On short term cap friendly contracts

Eric staal (3.5 mil)

Vanek (2.6 mil)

Parenteau (1.1 mil)

Marchesault (750k)

Vermette (1.75 mil)

There was no need to overpay for sutter/gudbranson/Eriksson. 

Rebuilding/tear downs and still icing a team w veteran support is possible.

7 minutes ago, hearditall said:

If u actually did some research & understood the NHL U wouldn't have to post so many uneducated quotes...

Seriously, do you think tank nation envisions no veteran aged players on the upcoming rosters? You're a piss poor troll. The only reason folks don't bother is because it's not worth a response, don't mistake it for anything else. This must be what the ignore function is meant to filter out. On it. 

Using words like Education in the same sentence with, U, in place of You, is not helping your cause. 

7 minutes ago, hearditall said:

No that's what Tankers want. JB is re-building by NOT stripping down to nothing just like u say.

Show me a team with NO VETS dreamers (tankers). Even the Full Re-Build ones like I provided above have them...

Who said no vets, ever, in tanking?

Another whoosh. 

2 minutes ago, DSVII said:

You need vets. You absoltuely do. But you can get these without having to commit to a 6 year 6 mil ntc contract . You can get mid 20s players like granlund/bae this way too rather than trade youth and picks for them

1.) Get picks.  Draft kids.

2.) Dip into free agency and sign veterans to shelter the kids 

From last years UFA class. On short term cap friendly contracts

Eric staal (3.5 mil)

Vanek (2.6 mil)

Parenteau (1.1 mil)

Marchesault (750k)

Vermette (1.75 mil)

U do have a point about the vets. I wouldv'e been all over Staal at that price & term.

But to tell me that u can find 24 year old 20 goal scorers with upside out there is not accurate at all. Baer 20 goal guy & a former 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder is NOT a LOSS to our organization. It's actually a PLUS. Granlund for Hunter is a PLUS too for now & possibly (more likely) their careers... 

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Seriously, do you think tank nation envisions no veteran aged players on the upcoming rosters? You're a piss poor troll. The only reason folks don't bother is because it's not worth a response, don't mistake it for anything else. This must be what the ignore function is meant to filter out. On it. 

Using words like Education in the same sentence with, U, in place of You, is not helping your cause. 

U are a :wacko::lol::lol::towel:

9 minutes ago, hearditall said:

You have no idea what you are babbling on about. All tankers want is to drop low enough at the end of the year to get a better pick. You know, Like a Matthews......

Just now, appleboy said:

You have no idea what you are babbling on about. All tankers want is to drop low enough at the end of the year to get a better pick. You know, Like a Matthews......

We were in the hunt for him. We lost lottery remember. :o

This Year we are in the running again except no more McJesus' or Mathews. :sadno:

So stop babbling about wanting something that we are already getting...:towel:

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

This Year we are in the running again except no more McJesus' or Mathews. :sadno:

We still picked fifth brain boy and got a solid D man. Picking sixth or seventh will still be better then 16th.

5 minutes ago, hearditall said:

U do have a point about the vets. I wouldv'e been all over Staal at that price & term.

But to tell me that u can find 24 year old 20 goal scorers with upside out there is not accurate at all. Baer 20 goal guy & a former 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder is NOT a LOSS to our organization. It's actually a PLUS. Granlund for Hunter is a PLUS too for now & possibly (more likely) their careers... 

Brandon pirri - 25 year old - 1.1 mil cap hit - 22 goals w Florida. 

Jonathan Marchessault  - 27 year's - 750k - 36 pts so far this season

Not 24 bit similar production and age.

I don't mind bae.  But he's yet to show the potential to be a game changer or to carry a line. I just prefer to keep the pick to use on someone who has more potential.

The two players I've listed are in their 20s. For free. And could Match what he's doing now 

8 minutes ago, hearditall said:

The team wasn't setting themselves up for it once we were mathematically eliminated.

After the season was done. Mgmt should have showcased the youth and experimented. 

Had we say....rested the sedin's and called up the rookies. Or increased the rookie's playing time to see if they can handle it. Gave markstrom more starts. That would have been win win.

Instead we still tried to win. We still cut the rookies ice time and gave the vet's all the opportunities.

I won't even get into how not getting rid of hamhuis gave us those extra pointless wins. 

We took ourselves out of the running for a 40 goal franchise centre. Because we were too stubborn to admit we needed a rebuild.

Are games meaningful in march if your opponent doesn't care about you and are looking to the playoffs? (LA. ANA. Sj. Three game winning streak 2016)

Just now, appleboy said:

We still picked fifth brain boy and got a solid D man. Picking sixth or seventh will still be better then 16th.

So what's all the babbling about? We are getting what U want then? We have been picking quite high in the past years...

U know there's no guaranteed way to get #1 overall anymore. U also know that if we did finish 30th we still wouldn't pick #1 most likely...

Let the chips fall & stop all the whining then. The team has clearly said they are building for the future since they the new GMJB took over. All he added was that they would try to remain competitive while doing this. 

If U notice I'm NEVER the one COMPLAINING yet U find ways to argue with the fans cause they support the Team & have patience.... 

:wacko::wacko::towel:

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

we may not be tanking but we got a real big anchor on us.   time to talk about who we may get :)

It would be far more enjoyable to discuss the top 7 or 8 prospects this year then the other insanity.

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

The team wasn't setting themselves up for it once we were mathematically eliminated.

After the season was done. Mgmt should have showcased the youth and experimented. 

Had we say....rested the sedin's and called up the rookies. Or increased the rookie's playing time to see if they can handle it. Gave markstrom more starts. That would have been win win.

Instead we still tried to win. We still cut the rookies ice time and gave the vet's all the opportunities.

I won't even get into how not getting rid of hamhuis gave us those extra pointless wins. 

We took ourselves out of the running for a 40 goal franchise centre. Because we were too stubborn to admit we needed a rebuild.

Are games meaningful in march if your opponent doesn't care about you and are looking to the playoffs? (LA. ANA. Sj. Three game winning streak 2016)

Every game is important in PRO SPORTS. If I remember correctly we had many rookies dress last year in the line-up. More than most teams...

8 minutes ago, DSVII said:

tThe team wasn't setting themselves up for it once we were mathematically eliminated.

Exactly.

The three wins at the end of last year screwed us out of Poolparty. At the least.

2 minutes ago, hearditall said:

Every game is important in PRO SPORTS. If I remember correctly we had many rookies dress last year in the line-up. More than most teams...

You must be related to WD.:rolleyes:

Sometimes the needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

The bigger picture is the long term. The bigger picture is the Stanley cup verses just making the playoffs. 

11 minutes ago, hearditall said:

The only team trying end of last year was Vancouver.  The playoff teams we played were resting their best. Is it a meaningful game if only one side is trying?

Because the meaningful games in playoffs are more important than getting up for the team you dress your back up goalie against in the dying days of reg season.

We did this too. Remember before the 2013 playoffs when henrik stepped on the ice for 10 seconds in Edmonton to keep the iron man streak going?

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

You must be related to WD.:rolleyes:

Sometimes the needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

The bigger picture is the long term. The bigger picture is the Stanley cup verses just making the playoffs. 

30 teams trying to win the CUP every year. Imagine if U could run one of those teams, you'd be a Cup Contender every year cause uknowitall...

20 + years since Toronto was a Contender. 10 + since Edmonton was.  Yet Canucks have been Contenders throughout the past 20 years...

Now we go through a few years of re-building & all the Tools come out of the Shed.... LMFAO...

31 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Exactly.

The three wins at the end of last year screwed us out of Poolparty. At the least.

Or we should have won a few more & switched places with WINNIPEG....:wacko::blink::shock:

Or taken Ehlers, Nylander, Tkatchuk... Then position wouldn't have been the problem RIGHT...

So if we moved up instead of moving down in the LOTTERY JB would've been God today. Darn Lotto. JB sucks.....

Archived