The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) completing the retool

manroth19

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He's gotta know more about the Rangers than us.  

I'm sure he does. But it's still not a rumour. It's his suggestion of what the Rangers should do. It didn't come from a team source.  It's just his opinion. It has no more validity  than any proposal made on this forum.  Does that mean it won't happen? No. But it also doesn't mean it's an actual deal in the works. 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I'm sure he does. But it's still not a rumour. It's his suggestion of what the Rangers should do. It didn't come from a team source.  It's just his opinion. It has no more validity  than any proposal made on this forum.  Does that mean it won't happen? No. But it also doesn't mean it's an actual deal in the works. 

I never said it's a rumour, did I?  It's hopeful thinking that (considering JB's TDL track record) JB does anything at the coming TDL.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I never said it's a rumour, did I?  It's hopeful thinking that (considering JB's TDL track record) JB does anything at the coming TDL.  

You said "you're hearing Burrows to the Rangers for a 2nd". Like it's a deal that's in the works. 

17 hours ago, combover said:

Yet other gms are capable of doing time and time again. I stopped believe the "spin" bs coming from the phoney managment group along time ago.

good gms get the job done bad gms (benning)whine and make up excuses over and over. 

What trades? So frustrating reading and listening to armchair GM's thinking they know so much more than the professionals that are actually doing the job. Not a chance you can name one GM in history of any sport that has gotten 100% of what they wanted to do in any transaction including trade. There has to be demand and supply and a willingness from  each side to complete any transaction. Negotiations rarely go exactly as one wants them to.

Stop trying to spin conspiracy theories and BELIEVE in the team you "cheer" for.

Like all the moves. I've also been leaning towards the idea of a Ben Hutton trade as well. With Hutton not having to be protected in the expansion draft and singed for cheap I think he could also pull in a late 1rst rounder maybe more. Starting D next year one of Edler or Tanev (hoping its Edler that we trade) so then we got Tanev, Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Stetcher, Sbisa and a UFA signing for the bottom pair.

This management/ownership group has shown us their cards. They are going to try and stay competitive through this rebuilding/retooling process. They will not follow the Toronto and Edmonton model. The only way they move a Tanev or an Edler would be to fill holes in our top 6. The player coming back will have to be a legitimate top 6 next season. It will not be someone in the AHL or a 1st round pick. It will have to be a young player who can play now and has big upside ex. William Nylander. Losing one of our top d for a 1st rounder won't happen. The team would not compete and JB/TL would be fired long before that first rounder develops into an NHL player. Ben Hutton makes the most sense. Trading Hutton wouldn't cripple the team and you would could fetch the future top 6 that we desperately need. It would be more of a reallocating and balancing our team for the future.

Archived