The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dairy Farmers of Canada - "Who Wants a Cold One"?

Salmonberries

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

And not as good for you as people think. 

No offense to dairy milk drinkers, drink away. Ima stick to my almond milk. 

Home made almond milk is good and simple to make. Tastes great in cereal.

Not sure supermarket almond milk is as healthy as people claim. It has a lot of unhealthy additives including sweetners and preservatives. And it contains hardly any almonds. Its more like an almond flavoured drink rather than almond milk. 

Grind up some almonds in blender with a little water.  Take a thin cloth and squeeze out all the milk from the almond paste. Add water for desired consistency.  Healthy and tasty. 

I should quit drinking milk.  I actually don't drink it, I consume it with cereal, but I have been reading up on dieting and it's looking grim.  No wheat and no soy sounds easy but a closer look and that's in everything I eat sans chicken, steak and rice.  FML.

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Cmon man. Quit being silly and spreading false information. 

Is it false?  I was just reading up on this yesterday, estrogen is in milk and it does effect your hormone levels which could lead to moobs.  I have been working out in the hopes of losing weight, and I did lose quite a bit, but I am still a little jelly in the chest and belly area.  Now I know that my diet needs to be change before I can continue my impossible path of having a six pack again..... by June lol.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Is it false?  I was just reading up on this yesterday, estrogen is in milk and it does effect your hormone levels which could lead to moobs.  I have been working out in the hopes of losing weight, and I did lose quite a bit, but I am still a little jelly in the chest and belly area.  Now I know that my diet needs to be change before I can continue my impossible path of having a six pack again..... by June lol.

Yes it's false. There is low amount of estrogen in milk but nothing close to give you gyno.

Potatoes, Cabbage, Peas, Beef etc all have estrogen. It's pretty common. The levels in milk are miniscule. You've got be doing a pretty good steroids cycle to be worried about getting gynecomastia. Some people will get it from a low amount of testosterone injections but many people don't need anti estrogen pills like Nolvadex even with a light to moderate steroid cycle.

You don't need to worry about getting gyno from everyday foods or dairy. 

Archived