The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] FLA-VAN

32 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

This doesn't really make any sense to me. Especially with this being a weak draft I feel like we'd be lucky to get a 20 goal scorer with the 10th pick which Baer already is. I don't know much about Pysyk but his stats are similar to Tanevs so I'm going to assume he is a shutdown defenceman as well but for the few extra points he brings I don't see it worth trading Tanev who is considered one of the best shutdown defensemen in the league.
Am I missing something? 

Just that we'd be getting younger and potentially more skilled with 2 top 10 picks. I think people are talking this "weak draft" thing too far. OK so there's no McDavid.... so don't do deals to rebuild this team? 

7 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Just that we'd be getting younger and potentially more skilled with 2 top 10 picks. I think people are talking this "weak draft" thing too far. OK so there's no McDavid.... so don't do deals to rebuild this team? 

Pysyk is 25, Baer is 24. I just don't understand trading Baer at this point. He's still pretty young. Tanev is 27 so not much older than Pysyk. 
I personally don't think it's worth the risk of losing Baer. 

1 minute ago, Justdean10 said:

Pysyk is 25, Baer is 24. I just don't understand trading Baer at this point. He's still pretty young. Tanev is 27 so not much older than Pysyk. 
I personally don't think it's worth the risk of losing Baer. 

I don't see where Baer fits into the future top 6 though.... Bo, (some future C), Granlund, Goldy, Jake, Boeser.... its already full without Baer and Dahlen is coming at some point. If we can move him to pick up a puck moving D at this years draft I think its worth it. 

Archived