The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] FLA-VAN

Was looking at which teams would like to add pieces this offseason to push for playoff spots and compete. One team that I think might add are the Florida Panthers.

Therefore

To Florida

Tanev+Baertschi+3rd

for

To Vancouver

1st round pick+ Juho LammikkoHultstrom + (cap dump if needed, Jokinen?)

To be honest Im not exactly sure what Floridas cap situation is like but they have a lot of rookie defensemen that could use Tanev as guidance. Baertschi would also slide right into their young middle six and make an impact. Would push Florida back into the playoffs and competing.

12 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Was looking at which teams would like to add pieces this offseason to push for playoff spots and compete. One team that I think might add are the Florida Panthers.

Therefore

To Florida

Tanev+Baertschi+3rd

for

To Vancouver

To be honest Im not exactly sure what Floridas cap situation is like but they have a lot of rookie defensemen that could use Tanev as guidance. Baertschi would also slide right into their young middle six and make an impact. Would push Florida back into the playoffs and competing.

if the 1st round pick was to not work out this trade would be disastrous for us, no thanks

26 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Therefore

To Florida

Tanev+Baertschi+3rd

for

To Vancouver

It might work if they send one of their right side D like Pysyk back and Jokinen as well, that would pretty much equalize the cap hit. 

It would be a deal for the 10th oa back to us so:

Tanev + Baer + 64th pick 

for

10th pick, Pysyk and Jokinen 

Depends on how much of an upgrade on D they think Tanev is over Pysyk, and Baer does give them more offence. They might include Pysyk since they were going to expose him anyway - they are going to protect Ekblad, Yandle and Demers no matter what. But if they get Tanev before the expansion draft they can't protect him. 

So to make this deal work I think it has to be done post-expansion draft and before or on draft day.  

If we did that would we be able to trade 5th and 10th for 1st overall?

Essencially Heiskanen and Rasmussen for Hischier/Patrick

9 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Or keep them and go with draft combinations like Glass and Liljegren, or Makar and Necas. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Or keep them and go with draft combinations like Glass and Liljegren, or Makar and Necas. 

If we ended up leaving with Makar and Glass I would literally have a happy dance 

39 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Therefore

To Florida

Tanev+Baertschi+3rd

for

To Vancouver

A lot of cap space.  One of the least spending teams, almost throw money to reach the cap floor.

12 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

If we ended up leaving with Makar and Glass I would literally have a happy dance 

I do not like Makar. He is small AF.

Liljegren on the other hand, I like very much. Looks like he's going to slip this year. Callan Foote is a good player too though we've got to be careful this year because there will be lots of busts(as there is every year, but this year especially) Don't quote me on this but my spidey senses are telling me Makar and Liljegren bust, Foote has the pedigree to play in the NHL.

29 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Not selecting Glass over Rasmussen would be foolish. That'd be like taking Virtanen over Nylander... oh wait 

Taking Heiskanen when we've already got a LHD in Juolevi wouldn't be wise either 

7 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

He's exactly the same size as Ryan Ellis who's proving a player of his size can be extremely effective in both the regular season and the much more physical post-season. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

we may have a mini-riot after the Rogers Arena draft party 

Wouldn't surprise me.

Lias Anderson has a range of 3-27th overall. Glass from 4-12, Tippet from 4-23. Someone's going to be upset no matter what.

9 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Therefore

To Florida

Tanev+Baertschi+3rd

for

To Vancouver

Did you just Google "Florida Panthers worst prospects" and try to trade Tanev for them?

9 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

Liljegren on the other hand, I like very much. Looks like he's going to slip this year. Callan Foote is a good player too though we've got to be careful this year because there will be lots of busts(as there is every year, but this year especially) Don't quote me on this but my spidey senses are telling me Makar and Liljegren bust, Foote has the pedigree to play in the NHL.

So were Phil Housley, Brian Rafalski, and Kimmo Timonen. And they were all great defenseman. That argument is stupid.

2 hours ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Everyone always underestimates Baertschi he is a 20 goal scorer.

That's for sure.  Pro-rate Baers #s into a full season and he gets 41pts.  He had a similar or better season than the following:

Bonino, Teravainen, RNH, Henrique, Oksposo, Gallagher, Backes, Toffoli, Landeskog, Couterier, Mantha and the list goes on.  I wonder if those player's fans are constantly using them as fodder in their trade proposal.

Meanwhile, Tanev is getting so overrated that people are suggesting straight up trades for players like Barkov or the #3 overall.

12 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

It might work if they send one of their right side D like Pysyk back and Jokinen as well, that would pretty much equalize the cap hit. 

It would be a deal for the 10th oa back to us so:

Tanev + Baer + 64th pick 

for

10th pick, Pysyk and Jokinen 

Depends on how much of an upgrade on D they think Tanev is over Pysyk, and Baer does give them more offence. They might include Pysyk since they were going to expose him anyway - they are going to protect Ekblad, Yandle and Demers no matter what. But if they get Tanev before the expansion draft they can't protect him. 

So to make this deal work I think it has to be done post-expansion draft and before or on draft day.  

This doesn't really make any sense to me. Especially with this being a weak draft I feel like we'd be lucky to get a 20 goal scorer with the 10th pick which Baer already is. I don't know much about Pysyk but his stats are similar to Tanevs so I'm going to assume he is a shutdown defenceman as well but for the few extra points he brings I don't see it worth trading Tanev who is considered one of the best shutdown defensemen in the league.
Am I missing something? 

Archived