The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

19 people injured, one killed, by car in New York's Times Square

nuckin_futz

19 people injured, one killed, by car in New York's Times Square

At least 19 people have been injured and one is dead after a speeding car struck pedestrians in New York City's Times Square.

A witness told Reuters news agency they have seen seven people being loaded onto stretchers, shoes scattered around the scene and one person covered in a bloodstained blanket.

An injured pedestrian says the driver's actions appeared to have been "intentional".

http://news.sky.com/story/ten-people-hit-by-speeding-vehicle-in-new-yorks-time-square-10883150

Eye witness reports saying the vehicle drove on the sidewalk mowing people down.

edit: updated the numbers

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

is he Mexican? (I'm not racist. curious his ethnicity. trump doesn't need ammo if he is)

that's so sad.. he must of played to much gta. 

With the last name of "Rojas" I'm going to go out on a limb and say he is Latino, most likely Mexican.  He's also a former Navy serviceman, so Trump would have to tread lightly if he wanted to tie this to him having south of the border heritage.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

With the last name of "Rojas" I'm going to go out on a limb and say he is Latino, most likely Mexican.  He's also a former Navy serviceman, so Trump would have to tread lightly if he wanted to tie this to him having south of the border heritage.

that's unfortunate. clearly he's just a single bad apple. I know several Latinos in Canada who are some of the nicest people. I wonder what went wrong with him to get dui's.  Maybe it's a ptsd issue if he served over seas.  so much ptsd suffering these days.  I guess it's in all war times. often goes silent and unattended though.

Just now, Rush17 said:

that's unfortunate. clearly he's just a single bad apple. I know several Latinos in Canada who are some of the nicest people. I wonder what went wrong with him to get dui's.  Maybe it's a ptsd issue if he served over seas.  so much ptsd suffering these days.  I guess it's in all war times. often goes silent and unattended though.

The DUI's were spaced 7 years apart, 2008 & 2015.  Blaming them on PTSD would be a stretch.

Archived