The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green interview with Rick Dhaliwal May 19th

Ossi Vaananen

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wasn't Stecher 22?  Young, yes, but not 19 like Jake and McCann, and Olli will be, right?  

He had a leg up on junior players having played college hockey. But a rookie is still a rookie. There will be enough youth on the team next season Benning won't have to rush anybody in the hopes of selling tickets. One would hope he learned a lesson from Virtanen and McCann regardless.

1 minute ago, Baggins said:

He had a leg up on junior players having played college hockey. But a rookie is still a rookie. There will be enough youth on the team next season Benning won't have to rush anybody in the hopes of selling tickets. One would hope he learned a lesson from Virtanen and McCann regardless.

I think Olli is on our team next season.  Green will pair him up with Gudbranson.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I think Olli is on our team next season.  Green will pair him up with Gudbranson.  

I'll wait and see. I don't see the need to rush a d-man. We have some decent depth there. I'm more interested in our forwards for next year than our D.

Just now, Baggins said:

I'll wait and see. I don't see the need to rush a d-man. We have some decent depth there. I'm more interested in our forwards for next year than our D.

Do you think Green will have more say than Willie did, for roster spots?  I was wondering about Markstrom and Green.  Marky played really well for Green in Utica, didn't he?  If JB signs Miller, will Green get freedom to play Marky?  

I do believe that players have to earn their ice time, and at the beginning, Tram never deserved the ice time, but as the season progressed, he looked stronger and stronger............I do wonder....is the team better off with out him or with him.....that also has to be taken into consideration....that and knowing how your players are, what their problems are, attempting to help fix those problems, and maybe even offer him a decent contract a little earlier on in the process....and trying not to low ball him, if that was even the case.....

Ultimately......I think his new wife was miserable.....same reason Pronger left Edmonton.......can't always blame the Russians!

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wasn't Stecher 22?  Young, yes, but not 19 like Jake and McCann, and Olli will be, right?  

But he still was young for a d-man and had not played a professional game at that point. Your post below would suggest that you agreed with the young players being in Utica at the time.::D

photo-thumb-125404.jpg

Alflives replied to Ossi Vaananen's topic in Canucks Talk

Who says the kids have to come up? Maybe, we go with only older, more experienced guys, and leave the kids on the farm?

2 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

But he still was young for a d-man and had not played a professional game at that point. Your post below would suggest that you agreed with the young players being in Utica at the time.::D

photo-thumb-125404.jpg

Alflives replied to Ossi Vaananen's topic in Canucks Talk

Who says the kids have to come up? Maybe, we go with only older, more experienced guys, and leave the kids on the farm?

How do you do this?  It's like friggin' magic!  

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Stecher was our best D at camp, and during preseason.  If I New how to find previous posts (like you - smarty pants) I would dig up one from last preseason, where I wrote that Stecher was our best Dman.  Maybe (since you're a smarty pants:) you could find it for old Alfy?  ::D

Is this the one you wanted me to find? You're welcome old Alfy....

photo-thumb-125404.jpg

Alflives replied to Gstank29's topic in Prospects & Utica Comets

He outplayed all the D in every game he played. He was arguably our best player in those games.

On 5/19/2017 at 0:15 PM, groovy said:

Did not mention Jake in the workout group. Where is he getting ready, and who is leading/monitoring him?

He'll be practicing in Buffalo with Tanev. Or is it Toronto...

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do you think Green will have more say than Willie did, for roster spots?  I was wondering about Markstrom and Green.  Marky played really well for Green in Utica, didn't he?  If JB signs Miller, will Green get freedom to play Marky?  

Who plays and how much is up to the coach.

Archived