The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet preview: Canucks 2017-18

Honky Cat

1 hour ago, Psycho_Path said:

There's almost nothing that hasn't been an improvement to happen in the offseason. Even with the departures of Miller and Tryamkin, the talent that was signed will for the most part shore up any deficiencies. Markstrom's numbers were great when he played. I know we'll have many injuries this next year (as we always do), but with a better coach and added talent, on top of summers of training for our younger players, there's no way we'd be worse than last year.

I'm certainly of the opinion that we have a decent chance at the playoffs, and I've put $50 on it happening.

Yes, several of our guys could have career years, including Markstrom.  Is finishing between 12 to 18 from the bottom, and missing out on another top five pick, best for our rebuild though?

Just now, Alflives said:

Yes, several of our guys could have career years, including Markstrom.  Is finishing between 12 to 18 from the bottom, and missing out on another top five pick, best for our rebuild though?

You seem to think we wouldn't lose out on the lottery. ANd yes, I think that's what's best for our team. Losing is for losers.

Just now, Psycho_Path said:

You seem to think we wouldn't lose out on the lottery. ANd yes, I think that's what's best for our team. Losing is for losers.

To get those elite guys, usually found in the top five picks, means there is the painful bottom feeding part to a rebuild.  Since the Cap look back at the Cup winners.  Where, in the draft, did they find their elite guys?  Other than the Bruins (and I still believe that was our Cup) the winners drafted elite guys high, after a period of bottom feeding.  Some teams, like the Oilers, have to bottom feed longer to get those guys, but staying at (or near) the bottom is the key to future Cup level teams.  Heck, where did we get the Twins in their draft?  2 and 3.  

5 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

There's almost nothing that hasn't been an improvement to happen in the offseason. Even with the departures of Miller and Tryamkin, the talent that was signed will for the most part shore up any deficiencies. Markstrom's numbers were great when he played. I know we'll have many injuries this next year (as we always do), but with a better coach and added talent, on top of summers of training for our younger players, there's no way we'd be worse than last year.

I'm certainly of the opinion that we have a decent chance at the playoffs, and I've put $50 on it happening.

I am sure the odds will be high if it pays off.::D

Archived