The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet preview: Canucks 2017-18

Honky Cat

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Meh,  yet another preview filled with generalities that the average Canucks fan already knew. 

Borderline click-bait stuff here folks - save yourself the time if you haven't opened it already. 

Every preview will be more or less the same. No one knows anything that we don't already know. 

Just now, cyoung said:

Every preview will be more or less the same. No one knows anything that we don't already know. 

There's a lot of stuff going on around the league with teams if these guys actually got off their computers and did some real reporting.

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

There's a lot of stuff going on around the league with teams if these guys actually got off their computers and did some real reporting.

Word!  Somewhere along the way these guys confused 'blogging' with actual reporting and nobody clued in that they do virtually none of the latter these days.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

There is... But it's nothing out of the ordinary, training camps will be starting soon. Any inside information is usually kept under wraps. Iv never been enlightened by a season preview, ever. It's fun to read them however. 

1 minute ago, khay said:

I'd say that's a fair article considering it's from Spector.

Spector hates Vancouver, it's people and Vancouver fans but he doesn't hate the canucks, so when he's just reporting about the teams status it'll come off with little to complain about. 

All of the evaluations that I have seen are all based on players last year numbers. The thing with youth is that there might be progression each year. One of the articles said that we have the weakest forward lines in the league. I would agree unless players like Bo, Bear, Granlund, Boeser and any of the other kids make a step forward. Jake has been working on skills and his overall speed. Wants to play at 210lbs. Looks like he is in top shape this year.

Goal tending, defense and scoring will all depend on growth from the kids but is this not what we would expect from a team who is in a rebuild. Many of our kids may still need to spend more time in the A. None of us should be surprised with the evaluations we will see from around the league. They will probably turn out to be true but the key for us as fans should be to see how the kids improve , at what ever level that play at.

The statement that Spector made about the lack of youth found during the Gillis area is true, it set us way behind.

I think people mistook Booth, who had a lot of muscle, as being well trained.

My memory was that he pulled his groin, and was out at the start of the season, more than once. Most likely from overtraining at the last minute, to make up for poorly targetted training in the off season. Or not enough of it? He was also fast. But I don't remember him flying up and down the ice like, say, Burrows. He would run out of puff. I also recall him saying something about getting away from skating for a couple of months each summer. Repeating myself, and then he pulls his groin...

I just don't think he put enough work & passion in.  Wasting the potential of a gifted athlete. 

Maybe David has had an Epiphone? And suddenly its important to him, willing to do what it takes. Or realized he can't get away with just his natural gifts. Good luck to him!

I also hope we have got to Jake in time? Nipped in the bud this same behavior...

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I think people mistook Booth, who had a lot of muscle, as being well trained.

My memory was that he pulled his groin, and was out at the start of the season, more than once. Most likely from overtraining at the last minute, to make up for poorly targetted training in the off season. Or not enough of it? He was also fast. But I don't remember him flying up and down the ice like, say, Burrows. He would run out of puff. I also recall him saying something about getting away from skating for a couple of months each summer. Repeating myself, and then he pulls his groin...

I just don't think he put enough work & passion in.  Wasting the potential of a gifted athlete. 

Maybe David has had an Epiphone? And suddenly its important to him, willing to do what it takes. Or realized he can't get away with just his natural gifts. Good luck to him!

I also hope we have got to Jake in time? Nipped in the bud this same behavior...

I also used to have one of them..nice guitar..

39 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Well that was a boring read, but I did expect to read something with a trolly, antagonistic slant.

Thanks for nothing, Spector.

I was expecting the same, and was going to comment that spector - a long time repressed coilers fan - finally has a chance to troll other teams now....but the article was pretty straight forward....maybe he got someone else to write it...lol....

6 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I was expecting the same, and was going to comment that spector - a long time repressed coilers fan - finally has a chance to troll other teams now....but the article was pretty straight forward....maybe he got someone else to write it...lol....

Gene Principe?

Archived