The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Energy East Cancelled it was a great day for canada

Violator

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

+1 (im out)

I read one oil analyst yesterday that said EE was always "plan B" to KXL and the Burnaby twinning and by far the least viable project of the 3.

But yah of course we all really know its son of Pierre... did it on purpose... hates Alberta.... western alienation... 

How can twinning an existing route that has been there for 50ish years without incident be the least viable of the 3?

7 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Sorry Jimmy but I think you are wrong on this one. Oil prices are certainly a factor in both production and transportation of Oil/Gas but pricing is secondary to the costs incurred making submissions for approval and then having the government change their own guidelines in mid-stream of the approval process. Transcanada Pipeline has spent over  a billion dollars trying to get approval only to be told by the National Energy Board has changed their evaluation process. How can any company make business decisions when policy makers constantly change the rules?

OPEC does not have nearly the power today that they used to. The U.S. is now the largest oil producer in the world and they are the ones pulling the strings.

Alf is right when he says that the Maritimes could really benefit from this pipeline but unfortunately people like the mayor of Montreal would rather import oil from Nigeria and Venezuela.

Alberta should suspend any transfer payments to Quebec.

Exactly

If it wasn't worth doing because their cost(s) are so high, they wouldn't have dumped a BILLION DOLLARS into seeing the project come to fruition.

Trudumb has no problem bending over and giving Billions away to foreign interest (not to mention paying a convicted terrorist $10 Million cuz hiz feeeeelingz were hurt) , but when it comes to Canada trying to strength it's domestic economy, and you know, do things like become more prosperous.... the friggin hammer comes down. And he had to go WAY out of his way to move the goalposts (pun intended) on this one just to make it /not/ happen.

Get that tard out of office before this country becomes something wholly unrecognizable.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

How can twinning an existing route that has been there for 50ish years without incident be the least viable of the 3?

distance and level of upgrade needed. Its the 50 years part, it needs more work. 

I actually was in favour of EE btw. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

distance and level of upgrade needed. Its the 50 years part, it needs more work. 

I actually was in favour of EE btw. 

Still is nice to have non-conflict oil available to the market from one of the most stringent environmental protection countries in the world.   Also nice to think that having some form of revenue to pay for social programs would be available in Canada.

I am a realist and a environmentalist at heart...........I live in constant turmoil! It is difficult to find the happy medium.....

How can I stand there waving my sign when, I am using power from a blocked river, plastics from oil sands, metals from open pit mines, transported via fossil fuels, sold by a person who is wearing polyester clothing. to me that drove in my gas burning vehicle, which was made of metal and resins, in a country that deforests my planet earth?

And I could go on.....but most of all I wonder how many of us actually walk the talk, and wear wool underwear , where the sheep were raised on their own land and knitted by way of wooden knitting needles.....because if you are using a natural fabric like cotton, maybe you explain to me, how the cotton was cut, manufactured, and transported to market, where a customer, who used a bus or bicycle or walked in their leather shoes, which were created from the skins of green house gas emitting animals that were raised to produce leathers for our purposes

Basically, I just wonder a lot about all you CDCers that watch, listen or go to hockey games, where everything is artificial and an enemy of the environment, and where money is earned and spent with amazing rates of greed!

Oh yeah, and my sign was made from wood that was cut down, painted with chemicals, and nailed or stapled with metal fasteners....and how did I get here and where did I get the time to walk that far? Could any one imagine 2,000,000 horses in Vancouver? Or the methane that would be created by them, not to mention the poo.......what are we going to do with all that poo?.......well we will have to store it, in some none plastic, non metal container, so that it will not leach into the water and create fecal coliform........damn, there goes the summer.......

No more golf.....no more baseball bats....wool swim wear....no swim wear! Oh god! Well as a 60year old man.......I probably win that one! But god! No more sun bathing.....can't transport the aloe.......oh I am so confused!

Well, I guess I can drink beer, that is made in my clay.....hmmm? Metal......Hmmm? Plastic......Oak?...........Hmmmm?

So, I guess I am not such a environmentalist am I.........cause I am not giving up my beer and hockey!

Like I said, I am in constant turmoil!

Oh yeah, and the social programs we enjoy here in Canada are generated by the goods we sell to the rest of the world that we dominate.......I guess we could all live in Non mining, non agriculture, passive country that has a high standard of living, that is not created by all that oil...in one form or another

Still is nice to have non-conflict oil available to the market from one of the most stringent environmental protection countries in the world.   Also nice to think that having some form of revenue to pay for social programs would be available in Canada.

I don't think either of those things mattered one iota to trans Canada. We live in a federation of provinces, you can't force your will on them. Harper tried and failed many times at that. 

I don't think either of those things mattered one iota to trans Canada. We live in a federation of provinces, you can't force your will on them. Harper tried and failed many times at that. 

Sure seems we live in one country when it comes to transfer payments.    You have to get the revenue from somewhere - the world cannot revolve around the smug generated by all those electric cars driving to protests in BC.   :lol:

When I see all those anti-pipeline people who hypocritical consume all nature of hydrocarbon products without caring where they come from I simply think of:

tenor.gif

Sure seems we live in one country when it comes to transfer payments.    You have to get the revenue from somewhere - the world cannot revolve around the smug generated by all those electric cars driving to protests in BC.   :lol:

When I see all those anti-pipeline people who hypocritical consume all nature of hydrocarbon products without caring where they come from I simply think of:

tenor.gif

sure Alberta doesn't take any transfer payments. But neither do the people in BC your talking about ;)

Alberta does also take in billions in health transfer payments, some say that formula is very unfair to Ontario. Alberta also gains by sucking up a lot of highly trained people that got their educations in other provinces that AB didn't fund. Its not as simple as many like to make it. 

sure Alberta doesn't take any transfer payments. But neither do the people in BC your talking about ;)

Alberta does also take in billions in health transfer payments, some say that formula is very unfair to Ontario. Alberta also gains by sucking up a lot of highly trained people that got their educations in other provinces that AB didn't fund. Its not as simple as many like to make it. 

LMAO....sucking up highly trained people who can't find a job at home and won't find one anywhere unless some pipelines are built.

Archived