The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Ryan McDonagh for William Nylander?

On 1/23/2018 at 12:09 PM, goblix said:

Toronto has no cap left... trading a stud roster ELC player can't be an option whilst in a cup run...

Speculation has little basis IMO. If Nylander isn't in Toronto's plan going forward then that's an offseason trade to make.

Also as some have already said, they have bigger holes on the RD rather than LD

I was thinking the same thing. 

Making a deal of this magnitude mid-season makes no sense, especially considering they're in the thick of a playoff race. I don't think anything involving Nylander is on the table.

A deal involving Nylander makes better sense in the draft where pick positions will be set and they have a full picture of what's available.

If Nylander were available, he'd be a player I'd be willing to drop a name like Tanev on. Nylander with Pettersson could be a sick, sick combination. 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, Xbox said:

Holy s*** Toronto doesn't need anymore LD and especially not for a great young player like Nylander.

Keep dreaming Brooks.

Would depend on who they are getting still. If they're offered a top pairing left handed dman for example, I don't think they would care if their entire d-squad was left handed. That's something you don't just acquire every day and would be stupid not to seriously consider it at the very least.

If you focus just on who's left handed and right handed too much then I think it's easy to miss the point on what's improving the team and what isn't.

47 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Would depend on who they are getting still. If they're offered a top pairing left handed dman for example, I don't think they would care if their entire d-squad was left handed. That's something you don't just acquire every day and would be stupid not to seriously consider it at the very least.

If you focus just on who's left handed and right handed too much then I think it's easy to miss the point on what's improving the team and what isn't.

You don't know Mike Babcock very well then. Toronto already has a top pairing D man in Reilly. Even if McDonagh shot right that's a horrible trade for Toronto. He's very close to UFA and it's at the expense of your very young 2nd best player? They'll go hard after Doughty if he hits the market.

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

You don't know Mike Babcock very well then. Toronto already has a top pairing D man in Reilly. Even if McDonagh shot right that's a horrible trade for Toronto. He's very close to UFA and it's at the expense of your very young 2nd best player? They'll go hard after Doughty if he hits the market.

No love for Marner?

Archived