The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kinder Morgan Pipeline Talk

kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Yes because it will impact your economic activities in the Salish sea, as you admitted. 

Dream on.   

I was brought up as BC resident to enjoy outdoor activities on the Salish sea.  I have no money in this dispute....

Just a love for my local natural environment that needs to be guarded / protected for future generations. 

Global warming is real and people that support Global warming really need to examine their motivations / reasons for their belief.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Dream on.   

I was brought up as BC resident to enjoy outdoor activities on the Salish sea.  I have no money in this dispute....

Sorry but you've already outed yourself as the whole 'if there is a spill it will mess with economic activities in the Salish sea' quote. 

Just a love for my local natural environment that needs to be guarded / protected for future generations. 

Too bad your love doesn't translate to getting actually educated about the issues and learning some scientific analysis to be useful in the said topic, but just an empty cheerleading pawn to the American interests who want to kill Canadian competition. 

Global warming is real and people that support Global warming really need to examine their motivations / reasons for their belief.

Pffft. If global warming is the main thing you want to fight against, first argue about shutting down BC coal before Alberta oil, since coal is way more GHG heavy per watt of power generated than oil. 

3 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Nothing is being moved, it is a simple question of which affects more life-forms: oil spill in the salish sea or plane crash in burns bog. The latter wins by a country mile. 

Pretty sure the BC Salish sea has more recreational uses  and tourism industry than BURNS BOG.

Keep moving your goalposts.....   eventually you may start to make sense. 

12 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Nothing is being moved, it is a simple question of which affects more life-forms: oil spill in the salish sea or plane crash in burns bog. The latter wins by a country mile. 

Then the numbers I posted, versus your lack of numbers, is the more compelling argument, and at this point the only one backed by data.

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pretty sure the BC Salish sea has more recreational uses  and tourism industry than BURNS BOG.

Keep moving your goalposts.....   eventually you may start to make sense. 

ah so again, its about competition of economic activity and threat to the status quo, not actual ecological threat. Thanks for second confirmation. 

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Then the numbers I posted, versus your lack of numbers, is the more compelling argument, and at this point the only one backed by facts.

The numbers you posted is largely irrelevant to the impact of the disaster scenarios being discussed. Entire salish sea is not effected by a single spill - only a small fraction of it is. The large portion of burns bog is affected by the disaster. Ergo, its a much bigger ecological disaster. 

6 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

ah so again, its about competition of economic activity and threat to the status quo, not actual ecological threat. Thanks for second confirmation. 

You crack me up....    You  seem to have zero understanding of risk and reward to the BC economy.

Shipping Dirty sinking Dilbit oil from a harbour with no spill response plan / catastrophe assurances  makes zero sense.

Tourism contributes approximately $4.8 billion to the Metro Vancouver economy annually and supports over 70,000 full time jobs.

https://www.tourismvancouver.com/media/corporate-communications/vancouvers-tourism-industry-fast-facts/

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

You crack me up....    You  seem to have zero understanding of risk and reward to the BC economy.

Shipping Dirty sinking Dilbit oil from a harbour with no spill response plan / catastrophe assurances  makes zero sense.

Tourism contributes approximately $4.8 billion to the Metro Vancouver economy annually and supports over 70,000 full time jobs.

https://www.tourismvancouver.com/media/corporate-communications/vancouvers-tourism-industry-fast-facts/

Don't care about tourism more than self sufficiency in industry. Its because of tourism that houses here are unaffordable. The risks are negligible, thats what the numbers say and no amount of massaging it will change the fact that more oil ends up on the burrard inlet from re-fuelling leakage from sea-planes and cruise ships than from dilbit. 

Down with NIMBY-ism. 

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

will change the fact that more oil ends up on the burrard inlet from re-fuelling leakage from sea-planes and cruise ships than from dilbit. 

So, can you back this up with actual data, or are you just going to wing this assertion as well?

Just now, gurn said:

So, can you back this up with actual data, or are you just going to wing this assertion as well?

actual data ? 

no one collects data on regular re-fuelling spills/leakages, which measure usually in ounces per refuel. however, it is a common factor in ALL re-fueling. Just like your fuel nozzle in the gas station regularly spills a drop or two, high pressure fuel transfer such as the ones on planes or ships end up spilling an ounce or two. the floating gas station by stanley park causes more pollution than all the dilbit tankers sailing in burrard inlet put together, in terms of dilbit spills (which there hasnt been any).

2 hours ago, canuckistani said:

actual data ? 

no one collects data on regular re-fuelling spills/leakages, which measure usually in ounces per refuel. however, it is a common factor in ALL re-fueling. Just like your fuel nozzle in the gas station regularly spills a drop or two, high pressure fuel transfer such as the ones on planes or ships end up spilling an ounce or two. the floating gas station by stanley park causes more pollution than all the dilbit tankers sailing in burrard inlet put together, in terms of dilbit spills (which there hasnt been any).

So, you talk about science to KOS, and others, but here you have backed up your opinion with just your opinion.

Not very scientific, at all.

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

So, you talk about science to KOS, and others, but here you have backed up your opinion with just your opinion.

Not very scientific, at all.

It isn't opinion mate, it is a fact. Not every single damn fact is available on the internet or a study happens on it to be readily accessed to feed the illiterates. 

Do you want me to list off the top of my head physical world phenomena facts that you won't find data sheets on the internet easily ?!? Or are you the camp of 'if it doesn't exist on the internet, its not factual' ?!? Or have you never ever re-fuelled a car/boat/plane before ?

6 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

It isn't opinion mate, it is a fact. Not every single damn fact is available on the internet or a study happens on it to be readily accessed to feed the illiterates. 

Do you want me to list off the top of my head physical world phenomena facts that you won't find data sheets on the internet easily ?!? Or are you the camp of 'if it doesn't exist on the internet, its not factual' ?!? Or have you never ever re-fuelled a car/boat/plane before ?

The fact that you are blind to your own hypocrisy is rather surprising to me. I  had thought better of you, guess I was wrong.

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

The fact that you are blind to your own hypocrisy is rather surprising to me. I  had thought better of you, guess I was wrong.

hypocrisy over what and how ? 

Again i ask - you seriously need data to consider the spillage over each and every refueling option or do you seriously think i just made that up ?

5 minutes ago, Bernards said:

Hasn't anyone heard this? The whale watching guys are actually looking for real answers.

https://www.victoriawhalewatching.com/2018/07/09/sewage-kills-chinook-salmon-starves-whales/

Logo

Current
Conditions

SEWAGE KILLS CHINOOK SALMON & STARVES WHALES!

July 9, 2018

Whale watching is bad for whales.

Archived