The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van / WPG (Proposal/Discussion)

I think this is a yr of parity the Jets should really go for it. Soon they'll have to pay so much young talent(leaving ELC-status), they'll have to make moves to stay under the cap. Also Trouba requires a large pay-hike, this summer.

At yr-end, Enstrom(5.75) is off the books, at least. They seem a little lacking, for LH-D...

Van: Edler(retain 1.5 mill)

Vanek

***cond pick ***

WPG:

Logan Stanley, or Morrissey

Nick Petan

The conditional pick would depend upon the PO-progress of this spring for the Jets. Maybe a 2018 2nd. If they win div, make it a 3rd. If they win Conf, they don't get a 2018 pick.

Is Stanley realistic? See he's a monster(6'6") that's putting up pts.

-another option is we could take back a lousy contract, like Matthias, or even Mason(IR, if it's allowed?)

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I dont think we need to retain. Unlikely Jets need Vanek, better to send him off elsewhere.

I doubt they trade Morrissey.

Would like to see us move Edler and his ntc to a team with a chance to win.

Brandon Tanev is out wk to wk..perhaps a cheap depth-ticket like Granny, if they'd prefer?

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Brandon Tanev is out wk to wk..perhaps a cheap depth-ticket like Granny, if they'd prefer?

Maybe they did call up lemieux and Petan, so they will get a good look I'm sure. Be nice to get Lemieux from them in a deal

2 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Maybe they did call up lemieux and Petan, so they will get a good look I'm sure. Be nice to get Lemieux from them in a deal

We can all throw these names about, but two things seem beyond debate...

- They've integrated a LOT of youth, over a relatively short period(maybe need a vet, or two?)

- The west does appear up for grabs, atm

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

We can all throw these names about, but two things seem beyond debate...

- They've integrated a LOT of youth, over a relatively short period(maybe need a vet, or two?)

- The west does appear up for grabs, atm

Winnipeg is good, but Nashville is going to be a tough task to beat to come out of the central division. 

I can see the Jets being buyers, for sure.

But let's just excuse Edler from any trade proposal.. The brass won't ask. I do wonder what Edler's list is though. He can't possibly have a NMC...

Anyways, you'd think Vanek would be a player of interest for them. They're pretty good on D. Sorry, really good on D. Could sell one for a forward...good on D. 

Could Hutton and Vanek get us an upgrade? Do we add to get Morrisey? Probably, but is it worth it?

Vanek for Poolman or a 2nd? That'd be real good

19 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Morrissey is better than Edler already. Makes zero sense to move him for any package with Edler being the main piece.

I wouldn't say already... but probably is more "valuable" down the road... 

If playoffs started today, I think most teams would chose Edler over Morrissey for a cup run. Just 1 year though.

21 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Morrissey is better than Edler already. Makes zero sense to move him for any package with Edler being the main piece.

So if he's all that, perhaps they'd move another D-prospect? I left a fair amount of leeway within the original suggestion.

I think it's pretty fair to suggest Edler would help them(at 3.5 mill, for example) this spring PO's & next. Enroth has been out a lot, past couple yrs. If he were hurt again, they could have:

Morrissey - Myers

Edler - Byfuglien

Chiarot - Kulikov

extra: Poolman, Enroth

IR(Trouba..'til late-season?)

Would call this a sizeable, talented D that could fare well against the St Loo & Nashville type-rivals they'll have to pass through.

17 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So if he's all that, perhaps they'd move another D-prospect? I left a fair amount of leeway within the original suggestion.

I think it's pretty fair to suggest Edler would help them(at 3.5 mill, for example) this spring PO's & next. Enroth has been out a lot, past couple yrs. If he were hurt again, they could have:

Morrissey - Myers

Edler - Byfuglien

Chiarot - Kulikov

extra: Poolman, Enroth

IR(Trouba..'til late-season?)

Would call this a sizeable, talented D that could fare well against the St Loo & Nashville type-rivals they'll have to pass through.

Edler would likely help them out. Just not sure who they have we could target. Stanley would be pretty nice pick up. Not sure how untouchable he is, but they do have a fairly deep D core so maybe they'd move him for a playoff run with Edler, and next season. Not sure where Winnipeg is, they aren't a "all in" team but are they willing to part with quality young guys for a run? Edler isn't a rental so it'd be good to move him this year as he would be around for more than one playoff run. 

Archived