The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

1 minute ago, Toews said:

No, he made a claim that military personnel who are highly trained as well can freeze during their first gun fight. The whole point was that no amount of preparation can prepare you for the real thing. Some find that out as soon as they get into their first life-threatening experience. Not everyone that enlists is cut out to do the job. That's offensive to you?

I don't support arming teachers I think if a country has to do that than it says a lot about their people. But please don't try to speak about the amazing training in the armed forces unless you have served. 

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I think evidence backs up that fact.  The more guns, the easier it is to get them.  Supply vs. demand.  In states like California and New York, it's much more difficult to get guns in comparison to other states.  The harsher the laws became in some states in regards to getting a weapon, the lower the violent crime rate.  I only just read about that yesterday.  New York has the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

As a resident of New York state, are you satisfied with your state's level of restriction?  In other words, would you recommend other states adopt the same standard, given the effect it has in lowering the violent crime rate?

4 hours ago, JV77 said:

There is no purpose.  Why do you need to hunt?

Hunting animals from hundreds of feet with a gun while the poor animal can't defend itself or see it coming doesn't prove anything...Go hunt it with your bare hands or even a spear at least and you would prove something.

Your "hobby" and love for guns doesn't mean it serves a purpose.  It serves no needed purpose.

Hunting plays a MAJOR role in conservation.  It's the sole reason many of animals we love in Canada still exist.

Hunting isn't about filling a thrill to proving anything. Hunting with a gun is about harvesting an animal the most humane way possibly.   You don't want the animal to suffer and get away only being wounded.  THAT is why you use a gun.  THAT is why it's illegal to hunt game without the correct caliber.  Before you start making ignorant claims about something you clearly know zero about, i suggest you start to do a little research, or perhaps leave the comfort of the city, get into the wilderness and find out first hand. 

Just now, Undrafted said:

As a resident of New York state, are you satisfied with your state's level of restriction?  In other words, would you recommend other states adopt the same standard, given the effect it has in lowering the violent crime rate?

That's a tough call.  The SAFE Act has parts I like and parts I'm not a fan of, but overall it is working as intended.  https://safeact.ny.gov/

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Handguns play no role in school shootings. Google PAL it's a cakewalk but Canadians don't seem to want to kill people on mass.

God bless Canada!

I Googled school shootings in the US because I knew that you were pulling guesses out of your wazoo and we've had 291 in the last 4-5 years which is not more than 365 shooting per year like you claimed.

https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/

Handguns play no role in school shootings. Google PAL it's a cakewalk but Canadians don't seem to want to kill people on mass.

God bless Canada!

Are you kidding?  They just announced today that they're sentencing the kid who shot 4 kids at a school in La Loche, Sask. as an adult.

You insinuated more guns equal more murders.

Imo it's not guns something is seriously wrong in the U.s.

More guns that are easy to get have meant more mass shootings.  The murder rate has gone down in comparison to where it was a long time ago.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I Googled school shootings in the US because I knew that you were pulling guesses out of your wazoo and we've had 291 in the last 4-5 years which is not more than 365 shooting per year like you claimed.

https://everytownresearch.org/school-shootings/

My bad they average one a week. And Mexicans are the problem?

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lets get real this BS predominantly happens in the U.S. Again, guns are the tool. The U.S has more school shooting than days in a year. So your per capita argument doesn't work.

For whatever reason the U.S has the most deranged losers in the free world.

Out of top 50 deadliest school rampages 34 happened in places like Germany, Finland, Belgium, Canada, Japan, China etc.

In those other places killers used other weapons besides guns, in the USA overwhelming majority was carried out by guns.

More guns always equal more dead people.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I've never once said Mexicans are the problem and I didn't vote for the guy in office who said they are.

My point is there is a serious problem in the U.S and it aint guns. The fact that so many want to kills young kids is so disturbing. This is predominantly a U.S problem. Me and @kingofsurrey disagree on so many things but we agree that infesting in education is a very smart move.

My point is there is a serious problem in the U.S and it aint guns. The fact that so many want to kills young kids is so disturbing. This is predominantly a U.S problem. Me and @kingofsurrey disagree on so many things but we agree that infesting in education is a very smart move.

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Out of top 50 deadliest school rampages 34 happened in places like Germany, Finland, Belgium, Canada, Japan, China etc.

In those other places killers used other weapons besides guns, in the USA overwhelming majority was carried out by guns.

More guns always equal more dead people.

Archived