The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

22 minutes ago, JV77 said:

How is it silly?  Pretty much the truth.  Is it little to real for you or strike a nevrve?  

don't poke the hillbilly bear that is CDC. these guys need to exert their dominance over something, somehow, which is why they choose to kill animals. they package it up as a quest for meat to satisfy their caveman brains. the rest of us just need to let that generational thinking slowly die out. and eventually, after all the boomers are done pretending they're living an authentic existence, the upcoming generation can fully try to clean up the mess they've left

7 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Have you ever been shot at? Many, many trained military personnel who train for combat for years freeze up and $&!# themselves when they first come under fire.  At $16 an hour to be a security guard there isn't a lot of room to be a &^@#ing hero...

He was making over 100K CAD per year, that is not chump change.

Also he was a 33 year veteran of Broward County law enforcement.  

19 hours ago, JV77 said:

I say it purely based on how passionate you and most American's are against outlawing guns...Like if that happened, you would lose sleep over it.

Guns are so ingrained in American culture, that people are gone nuts.

What do you propose for people that live in high crime areas and need guns for protection?

42 minutes ago, JV77 said:

There is no purpose.  Why do you need to hunt?

Hunting animals from hundreds of feet with a gun while the poor animal can't defend itself or see it coming doesn't prove anything...Go hunt it with your bare hands or even a spear at least and you would prove something.

Your "hobby" and love for guns doesn't mean it serves a purpose.  It serves no needed purpose.

Why do I need to hunt? Cause I enjoy it, and I love the meat from it.

You are really on a high horse aren’t you? I don’t hunt to prove anything. I don’t keep trophies, I don’t ever take risky shots, and I would never kill anything that I’m not going to eat.

I only hunt for food that feeds me, friends and family.

I have no love for guns, but guns 100% do serve a purpose, you just disagree with the legitimate purpose I gave you.

11 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

don't poke the hillbilly bear that is CDC. these guys need to exert their dominance over something, somehow, which is why they choose to kill animals. they package it up as a quest for meat to satisfy their caveman brains. the rest of us just need to let that generational thinking slowly die out. and eventually, after all the boomers are done pretending they're living an authentic existence, the upcoming generation can fully try to clean up the mess they've left

So tell me, do you eat meat at all?

If so, how is that any better than me eating meat from something that I personally harvested, and butchered?

I enjoy the hunt, but I get zero enjoyment out of the kill. But because I prefer to eat meat that I got myself rather than a cow that had a bolt put into its brain, I’m a caveman? Okay bud!

4 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

If so, how is that any better than me eating meat from something that I personally harvested, and butchered?

I enjoy the hunt, but I get zero enjoyment out of the kill. But because I prefer to eat meat that I got myself rather than a cow that had a bolt put into its brain, I’m a caveman? Okay bud!

you take a weapon, go outside, kill an animal that's unfortunate enough to be walking near you, skin it, cook it in enough oil/seasoning so as to give it some flavour you enjoy, then act satisfied 

sounds kinda cavemanish to me.

but at least i get the smug satisfaction of thinking this sort of thing is really just a class/generational thing and will be dying out soon enough

22 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

you take a weapon, go outside, kill an animal that's unfortunate enough to be walking near you, skin it, cook it in enough oil/seasoning so as to give it some flavour you enjoy, then act satisfied 

sounds kinda cavemanish to me.

but at least i get the smug satisfaction of thinking this sort of thing is really just a class/generational thing and will be dying out soon enough

It’s got nothing to do with a class or generational thing at all, but you are acting very smug for sure, I’ll give you that.

So because you can turn a blind eye to where your meat comes from, and how it’s killed that makes you better than me, and every other hunter out there? Get a grip, you aren’t better than anyone.

Oh, and I don’t need to add a lot of seasoning to the meat I shoot, cause it tastes a lot better than the mass produced meat you can buy from a grocery store.

20 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

So again you enjoy it as you say, it isn't a need for you.  You can very well eat good and get meat if guns were outlawed.  You don't need them at all.

You act like your life would be over if guns were outlawed and that to me is mentally unstable.

Just now, JV77 said:

So again you enjoy it as you say, it isn't a need for you.  You can very well eat good and get meat if guns were outlawed.  You don't need them at all.

You act like your life would be over if guns were outlawed and that to me is mentally unstable.

You know absolutely nothing about me, so stop with the mentally unstable BS.

I never said anywhere that I would act as if my life would be over if guns were outlawed. I told you that if the Canadian government ever tried banning guns that a lot of Canadians would raise hell, and they would.

Me personally, I really wouldn’t care as I haven’t been hunting very long and I don’t have any memories of doing it as a kid, since I didn’t.

If the Canadian government wanted to buy my guns off of me, then I would sell them. It will never happen, and until it does, I will enjoy hunting, and target shooting, and being a very responsible gun owner.

48 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Please continue with your thesis of moral superiority, it was just getting interesting.

36 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

What do you propose for people that live in high crime areas and need guns for protection?

To be fair to him, I live in a very low crime area.  In the US, most legal guns are in the hands of a minority of the population, and I would be royally p*ssed off if all guns were outlawed in my lifetime.

At worst though, semi-automatics will be banned in the near (within 10 years) future.  I doubt I'll live long enough to see the day where all guns in the US are outlawed.

51 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Do you eat meat?  From your posts I guess you don’t.  Guns are here to stay, as are hunters.  Assault rifles and hand guns, on the other hand...

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you eat meat?  From your posts I guess you don’t.  Guns are here to stay, as are hunters.  Assault rifles and hand guns, on the other hand...

Based on what is happening with the near extinction of west coast salmon.....  I don't think its certain hunting will exist long term either......

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

To be fair to him, I live in a very low crime area.  In the US, most legal guns are in the hands of a minority of the population, and I would be royally p*ssed off if all guns were outlawed in my lifetime.

At worst though, semi-automatics will be banned in the near (within 10 years) future.  I doubt I'll live long enough to see the day where all guns in the US are outlawed.

I get the low crime area, but not everyone is lucky to live in one.

County that I live in has a population of close to 1 million. 

Murder rate on average is less than Europe and 3 times less than Canada.

What about people that live on the border where narco cartels run the show?

Or inner cities across America, since 1957 Chicago has recorded 39 000 homicides.

As far as guns being outlawed, that is a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Does anyone really think that having a gun will protect you from crime ?

More likely someone will target your home and terrorize your family trying to steal you gun collection.

If you live in a high crime area... your best safety tip would be to have the police on speed dial. 

I doubt having a gun in gun safe will really protect you. 

1 hour ago, greenbean30 said:

You know absolutely nothing about me, so stop with the mentally unstable BS.

I never said anywhere that I would act as if my life would be over if guns were outlawed. I told you that if the Canadian government ever tried banning guns that a lot of Canadians would raise hell, and they would.

Me personally, I really wouldn’t care as I haven’t been hunting very long and I don’t have any memories of doing it as a kid, since I didn’t.

If the Canadian government wanted to buy my guns off of me, then I would sell them. It will never happen, and until it does, I will enjoy hunting, and target shooting, and being a very responsible gun owner.

You enjoy hunting.  The enjoyment of killing with your gun.  Don't need say anything more....

In my opinion, this arming a member of the faculty plan to deter shooters would not likely work unless that faculty member had previous combat experience. Giving an untrained or inadequately trained faculty member a gun, and asking them to deal with a crazy with an assault rifle is just asking for trouble.

51 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Does anyone really think that having a gun will protect you from crime ?

More likely someone will target your home and terrorize your family trying to steal you gun collection.

If you live in a high crime area... your best safety tip would be to have the police on speed dial

I doubt having a gun in gun safe will really protect you. 

Priority 1 call to Detroit PD in 2013 resulted in average wait of over 50 minutes.

Are you going to wait that long?

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I get the low crime area, but not everyone is lucky to live in one.

County that I live in has a population of close to 1 million. 

Murder rate on average is less than Europe and 3 times less than Canada.

What about people that live on the border where narco cartels run the show?

Or inner cities across America, since 1957 Chicago has recorded 39 000 homicides.

As far as guns being outlawed, that is a pipe dream.

You're preaching to the choir.  Like I've said here for years on CDC, I'm for the second amendment.  I just think there needs to be tweaks to the law like keeping the mentally ill away from owning guns.  I don't want semi-automatics banned but I do think that it's coming sooner or later.

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Priority 1 call to Detroit PD in 2013 resulted in average wait of over 50 minutes.

Are you going to wait that long?

Maybe  if Americans paid taxes like most countries......   more police officers could be hired...

Archived