The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What A Coward - Parkland Armed School Resource Officer Never Went Into The School During Shooting

SabreFan1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

You're preaching to the choir.  Like I've said here for years on CDC, I'm for the second amendment.  I just think there needs to be tweaks to the law like keeping the mentally ill away from owning guns.  I don't want semi-automatics banned but I do think that it's coming sooner or later.

Just curious about your opinion on the Canadian model

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe  if Americans paid taxes like most countries......   more police officers could be hired...

Yeah, since inner city Detroit is known for its wealthy population.

Most decided against living in Palm Beach and opted for scenic Detroit.

4 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Yeah, since inner city Detroit is known for its wealthy population.

Most decided against living in Palm Beach and opted for scenic Detroit.

Maybe Detroit should legalize rocket launchers ( shoulder fired ) ...   that could be a real deterrent.... 

Yeah, i think you are on to something. 

10 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Have you ever been shot at? Many, many trained military personnel who train for combat for years freeze up and $&!# themselves when they first come under fire.  At $16 an hour to be a security guard there isn't a lot of room to be a &^@#ing hero...

Really? When did you serve?

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Maybe Detroit should legalize rocket launchers ( shoulder fired ) ...   that could be a real deterrent.... 

Yeah, i think you are on to something. 

Like these two?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/military-rocket-launcher-found-near-victoria-1.867896

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/rocket-launcher-surrendered-during-b-c-gun-amnesty-1.589098

3 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

don't poke the hillbilly bear that is CDC. these guys need to exert their dominance over something, somehow, which is why they choose to kill animals. they package it up as a quest for meat to satisfy their caveman brains. the rest of us just need to let that generational thinking slowly die out. and eventually, after all the boomers are done pretending they're living an authentic existence, the upcoming generation can fully try to clean up the mess they've left

There are some thoughts one should not voice out loud. It would be like me crapping on mom's organic gardening because it is tedious and of no tangible benefit.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It works well for a country of 37 million people with few guns, especially handguns, floating around.

So in your opinion, a factor in the US is partially due to the large number of guns already in circulation?  (I'm curious because your perspective is not quite the same as my American friends)

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Few guns? Really? A PAL is a cakewalk the real question is why do people in the U.S want to commit mass murder and shoot up schools?

Few guns floating around per capita in comparison to the US.  Guns are much easier to get here because of the laws and the sheer volume compared to people seeking them. 

330 million people, almost as many guns.  You can't say, "why do people in the US want to commit mass murder".  If you take percentage of population you have waaay below even one tenth of one percent of the population that have gone nuts and decided to go on a shooting rampage in schools.

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Few guns floating around per capita in comparison to the US.  Guns are much easier to get here because of the laws and the sheer volume compared to people seeking them. 

330 million people, almost as many guns.  You can't say, "why do people in the US want to commit mass murder".  If you take percentage of population you have waaay below even one tenth of one percent of the population that have gone nuts and decided to go on a shooting rampage in schools.

Lets get real this BS predominantly happens in the U.S. Again, guns are the tool. The U.S has more school shooting than days in a year. So your per capita argument doesn't work.

For whatever reason the U.S has the most deranged losers in the free world.

8 minutes ago, Undrafted said:

So in your opinion, a factor in the US is partially due to the large number of guns already in circulation?  (I'm curious because your perspective is not quite the same as my American friends)

I think evidence backs up that fact.  The more guns, the easier it is to get them.  Supply vs. demand.  In states like California and New York, it's much more difficult to get guns in comparison to other states.  The harsher the laws became in some states in regards to getting a weapon, the lower the violent crime rate.  I only just read about that yesterday.  New York has the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Lets get real this BS predominantly happens in the U.S. Again, guns are the tool. The U.S has more school shooting than days in a year. So your per capita argument doesn't work.

For whatever reason the U.S has the most deranged losers in the free world.

Are you serious.  Let's say you're right about more school shootings in a year than there are days.  Give me the percentage of 500 out of 330 million.   

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I think evidence backs up that fact.  The more guns, the easier it is to get them.  Supply vs. demand.  In states like California and New York, it's much more difficult to get guns in comparison to other states.  The harsher the laws became in some states in regards to getting a weapon, the lower the violent crime rate.  I only just read about that yesterday.  New York has the most restrictive gun laws in the country.

Explain Switzerland.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually I think he did. I actually found his comment offensive, especially if he has never served in the armed forces.

No, he made a claim that military personnel who are highly trained as well can freeze during their first gun fight. The whole point was that no amount of preparation can prepare you for the real thing. Some find that out as soon as they get into their first life-threatening experience. Not everyone that enlists is cut out to do the job. That's offensive to you?

Archived