The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2nd Best Dman in 2018 Draft

AK_19

Second Best Dman in 2018 Draft?  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Second Best Defenseman in the 2018 draft?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 06:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

I think the second best defenceman in the draft will end up being K'Andre Miller in 5-7 years.

I will leave that here for posterity's sake.

Definitely could be.  I really like his combination of size, skill, and tenacious play.  I would love to get one of those two Islander's picks (11 or 12) and grab two Dmen.

It's Dahlin, then Hughes. Not sure why some are suggesting others, maybe because we won't get one of them?

Boqvist, Bouchard and Dobson will all turn out to be fine Dmen, but none of them would go Top 3, or even Top 5.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:41 AM, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I don't see Stech as being our man.  He's not offensive enough to be on the same level of the of the other skilled small D.  Krug put up 60 points this year, Spurgeon put up 37 points in 60 games, Barrie put up 57 points, Butcher out up 44 points, Ghost put of 65 points.  Canucks need that offensive driver from the point that can QB, gain zone access and set up the play.  We don't have the twins alone the half wall anymore, but we do have two really great shooters in Pettersson (left shot) and Boeser (right shot).  Taking a smaller D is only ONE player, filling only ONE hole on a pretty much blank D canvas.  We will still need to draft 2-3 more guys in the future to fill those holes as Joulevi is really our only long term top 4 D in the system.  

Also which D in the top 10 ranking is comparable to Byfuglien who's 6'5 260lbs? or Hedman who's 6'6 230lbs? Chara 6'9 260lbs?

Even Burns is 6'5, Jones 6'4, Weber 6'4, Ristolinen 6'4, Ekblad 6'4.  No one ranked in the top 10 is even close to that type of size. 

A big man who can skate is already an attractive get on the back end.  Tampa has been drafting these guys for years late. If they have athleticism (if they can really skate?), there is some logic to them being able to learn functional puck handling skills.  

A big man who can skate, and handle the puck ^ like these guys?  

BPA!

Too bad not avail this year...

Archived