Nick Leddy - Alex PietroAngelo

Nikita Zadorov - Anton Stralman

Thomas Hickey - Kris Russell

Jake Allen

Alex Stalock

— signs a rw........ puts him lw :unsure:

Some changes that can be made:

- Free agents will now consider cap space when signing

- GM rep will have a scaling system instead of being completely arbitrary (for example trading a top player is -1 rep, this will effect Free agents and re-signings. Will have to think it through)

-  Harsher penalties for going over cap

What do you guys think?

1 minute ago, Baer. said:

Some changes that can be made:

- Free agents will now consider cap space when signing

- GM rep will have a scaling system instead of being completely arbitrary (for example trading a top player is -1 rep, this will effect Free agents and re-signings. Will have to think it through)

Harsher penalties for going over cap

What do you guys think?

suspended best player 20 games if you arent cap compliant by start of season.

Why not make free agency such that you can only make offers for which you have the cap space for? That way GMs can't intentionally go over the cap as a means of securing top tier talent then dealing with the consequences after. It also means GMs have to properly MANAGE their CAP before making ludicrous signings. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Quacks said:

Why not make free agency such that you can only make offers for which you have the cap space for? That way GMs can't intentionally go over the cap as a means of securing top tier talent then dealing with the consequences after. 

Nah, you can go over if you think that player is worth it. It's just you risk penalty if you can't get under for season. At most maybe a cap as to how much over you can go, but that's it. 

It should also affect your rep though in terms of future signings. 

22 minutes ago, inane said:

Nah, you can go over if you think that player is worth it. It's just you risk penalty if you can't get under for season. At most maybe a cap as to how much over you can go, but that's it. 

It should also affect your rep though in terms of future signings. 

I'll agree with this to an extent, especially the penalty portion. The only reason I suggest that you can only make offers for which you have cap for is that the cap shouldn't be an afterthought of a signing. Part of being a GM is managing your cap. I know you are allowed to be over the cap, but that's usually the case for re-signings. You never see a GM close to the cap go over with an FA signing, then deal the with cap after because they have no leverage in trades at that point. No team would help them. 

OR what we could do is if you offer an FA a deal that puts you over the cap, the FA is less likely to sign with you. 

20 minutes ago, Carlutch98 said:

Ya well to ur last point about future signings. It won't matter because you will already have an elite player locked up for the next 5 seasons

Sure but every year you're gonna look to sign some players, so... 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Quacks said:

I'll agree with this to an extent, especially the penalty portion. The only reason I suggest that you can only make offers for which you have cap for is that the cap shouldn't be an afterthought of a signing. Part of being a GM is managing your cap. I know you are allowed to be over the cap, but that's usually the case for re-signings. You never see a GM close to the cap go over with an FA signing, then deal the with cap after because they have no leverage in trades at that point. No team would help them. 

Well that's on the rest of the GMs to negotiate effectively, not on the gm who went over the cap. 

3 minutes ago, inane said:

Well that's on the rest of the GMs to negotiate effectively, not on the gm who went over the cap. 

Technically its on both parties because both are allowing for a culture where you can be cap negligent and face no repercussions. All I'm trying to say is that it's unrealistic to intentionally go over the cap with an FA signing, otherwise GMs irl would be doing it all the time. 

Archived