The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Milwaukee police release video showing violent arrest of NBA player Sterling Brown

Toews

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So are white football players slaves as well? And would it also be rich white guy telling white guy what to do?

Racism does exist no question it also exists against white people. 

Crime rate is high with African Americans that is a fact. Does that play a role in police brutality against black people? I'm sure poor training plays a role but I don't think racism does to the level so many people believe it does. 

it seems you think white racism is equivalent to black racism, again, be thankful your skin is white. And I can tell it is from that absurd assumption guy.

Your commentary is actually what is called white priviledge. Its not meant as a slur, but rahter that your experience (thankfully for you and sadly for your perspective) doesn't allow you to comprehend how deep an issue racism is, as you by fact have not experienced anything near what black people do in society and minorities do.

Its not just about crime dude, does a guy deserve to be tasered for parking badly? Does a kid deserve to be shot in his car for doing nothing wrong other than being black? How many white people does that happen to? Do you know studies have shown that minorities get less job interviews than those with anglicized names? even when accounting for skills and education/experience? On and on. 

The absurdity that you believe that racism is somehow 'equal' is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, Petterrson's Dangle said:

it seems you think white racism is equivalent to black racism, again, be thankful your skin is white. And I can tell it is from that absurd assumption guy.

Your commentary is actually what is called white priviledge. Its not meant as a slur, but rahter that your experience (thankfully for you and sadly for your perspective) doesn't allow you to comprehend how deep an issue racism is, as you by fact have not experienced anything near what black people do in society and minorities do.

Its not just about crime dude, does a guy deserve to be tasered for parking badly? Does a kid deserve to be shot in his car for doing nothing wrong other than being black? How many white people does that happen to? Do you know studies have shown that minorities get less job interviews than those with anglicized names? even when accounting for skills and education/experience? On and on. 

The absurdity that you believe that racism is somehow 'equal' is beyond me.

I'm First Nations. Great assumption guy.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

First nations in BC are still treated like crap..... .

i grew up near a reserve in BC and i have so much respect for first nations culture and how they treat their natural environment...

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

You really equating the two ....  really ?

Again did I say that? 

I'm pointing out there are also racist black people. Do you agree?

But like I said earlier I don't think these police incidents are driven by racism at the levels some of you believe.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

sure you are....your commentary would  show you of all people would understand racism and  you certainly wouldn't suggest 'white racism' is an issue. Pretending to be of a group that's faced similar racism in canada (as blacks in the usa) and yet you dont 'get it' and you defend 'white racism"? LOL

SMH, wow bro, really pathetic.

1 minute ago, Petterrson's Dangle said:

sure you are....your commentary would  show you of all people would understand racism and  you certainly wouldn't suggest 'white racism' is an issue. Pretending to be of a group that's faced similar racism in canada (as blacks in the usa) and yet you dont 'get it' and you defend 'white racism"? LOL

SMH, wow bro, really pathetic.

Actually it's you that's pathetic. When did you start your new account, yesterday? My status card kind of backs up my claim. We no longer need to continue discussing anything and if you weren't such a clown I would have gladly given you my family name so you could research them in B.C. 

Btw I'm 37 so I haven't lived through this similar racism stuff but no doubt it did exist in Canada. Anyways we are done here.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually it's you that's pathetic. When did you start your new account, yesterday? My status card kind of backs up my claim. We no longer need to continue discussing anything and if you weren't such a clown I would have gladly given you my family name so you could research them in B.C. 

Btw I'm 37 so I haven't lived through this similar racism stuff but no doubt it did exist in Canada. Anyways we are done here.

Cool, first time I've seen a first nations person think whites are as persecuted as blacks and first nations people LOL

makes sense though LOL

yeah makes sense 

Cool, first time I've seen a first nations person think whites are as persecuted as blacks and first nations people LOL

makes sense though LOL

yeah makes sense 

And I never said that. I also said we are done.

Cheers.

you were suggesting an equivalence in white vs black racism, so yes you implied it. 

good be done then and move on

Thx new guy. Wonder why your other account was banned. A discussion for another time I suppose.

12.6% of the pop. is black maybe a fact.

The numbers on crime committed are not necessarily fact. The numbers show that, of people convicted of those crimes, x percent are black.

This does not account for people that either were not charged due to "lack of evidence" or were charged but not convicted due to having a good lawyer. The numbers also don't take into account the increased attention blacks draw from police, the higher amount of charges against blacks or the conviction rate of  different coloured people for the same crimes.

51 minutes ago, Petterrson's Dangle said:

makes sense though LOL

yeah makes sense 

He has in the past pretended to be a veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces. I wouldn't take him too seriously, he's unemployed, so trolling and putting up a pretense on CDC is his life's purpose. 

10 hours ago, Toews said:

He has in the past pretended to be a veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces. I wouldn't take him too seriously, he's unemployed, so trolling and putting up a pretense on CDC is his life's purpose. 

Lol why would I lie about any of this stuff. 9 year troll? Just because you do a bus boy job after taking a year off to find him/her self doesn't mean you should make stuff up about people who actually work hard and don't cry about everything in life.

Archived