The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

Thanks once again to @canuck2xtreme & everyone for making yesterday so much fun...

A double thanks to those who passed on Denisenko!  ::D

1st OA 1st round; LHD Rasmus Dahlin

32 OA 2knd round; LW Grigori Denisenko

59 OA 2knd round; LW Axel Jonsson-Fjallby

94 OA 4th round; RHD Gustave Lindstrom

122 OA 4th round; C Ivan Morozov

Rasmus was a no brainer, as was Denisenko at his draft position?  Dahlin very solid, and both offer substantial upside. We went more conservative with the balance of picks. We liked Morozov at the U18 WJC's, but we believe he is a high reliability 2 way pivot who works hard in all zones.  Hopefully as safe a bet to reach the NHL as you can get drafting 122knd?  We went with two over-agers with our other picks, hopefully to mitigate risk as well. Both have already played pro hockey in Sweden, Axel Jonsson Fjallby the whole season in the SHL. Lindstrom a real life 2knd round pick of Detroit. And both played well for Sweden at the last U20 WJC's, should play again this year? 

10 hours ago, Nail said:

(Side note, Bellerive was injured in an incident last night, we give him our prayers and hope for the best as he recovers from his injuries. From what we've heard, he'll be alright but still a very scary situation.)

Sounds as if Jordy is ok, hopefully his mates as well.  Someone chucked something in the firepit which exploded.

• Cheers 1

Pretty pleased with the Bobfather's list and where I ended up taking my prospects. ::D

Montreal selections (with McKenzie's ranking in brackets)

50. Jesse Ylonen (37) +13

64. Sean Durzi (48) +16

79. Stuart Skinner (2017 pick [EDM 78th])

90. Gabriel Fortier (60) +30

106. Jan Jenik (58) +48

110. Blade Jenkins  (86) +24

I'd be very okay if anything close to this pans out later this week. Especially if Artyom Minulin also gets drafted this year after being passed over in the 2017 draft (we took him 110th last year). 

Edited by _arby_18
  • Upvote 1

18. Bode Wilde (25) - 7

53. Mattias Samuelsson (31) +22

85. Justus Annunen (75) +10

Wasn't sure where Wilde would end up on Bob's final list but knew there was risk with taking him at 18. He has every tool to become a total monster on the back end and we're praying he goes to an organization that will mold him well. 

We were thrilled to snag Samuelsson at 53 and are pleased to see him ranked at 31. He may not have the highest ceiling offensively but he has all the making of a dependable top 4 defender. 

With Justus we are excited to draft our first goaltender ever in the CDCGML, and yes, I've been here from the beginning. 

• Cheers 1

In the spirit of everyone else is doing it:

2. Svechnikov (2) -

14. Veleno (14) -

26. Lundestrom (21) -5

Pretty dang good of you ask me :P

Islander's front office budget:

Medical: $0

Minors: $23M

Player Development: $0

Player Relations: $22M

On 2018-06-17 at 10:58 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

A double thanks to those who passed on Denisenko!  ::D

32 OA 2knd round; LW Grigori Denisenko

He was one line up from the player I selected right after you on my draft wishlist rankings...you literally made up my mind mid 'internal debate'. I had already pretyped the draft statement for him and was cutting and pasting a pic when you selected. seriously. haha....but that being said, it was a huge debate in my mind right up until I started typing in antiicipation of my pick coming. Needless to say, nice pick up, now will he come to North America? 

Vegas Golden Knights Draft Results (Bob Mac)

9. Adam Boqvist (10) -1

21. Ryan Merkley (32) -11

39. Alexander Volkov (TBay 2nd round 2017)

47. Jay O’Brien (34) +13

70. Alexander Khovanov (NR) :picard: 

I knew I was reaching on Merkley. Denisenko was the obvious choice. However, I know Merkley has an insane amount of talent. And if/when he drops in the draft (like Liljegren), perhaps he goes to a better team.