The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

30 minutes ago, Nail said:

Two of our free agent acquisitions in Michael McCarron and Zack Smith waived this morning.

Good thing youngsters such as Troy Terry, Mikhail Vorobyev and Lucas Wallmark are all having good camps and could possibly start the year in the NHL!

Make all these plans and still at the mercy of what happens in real life... can be frustrating

29 minutes ago, greensman said:

Nope. He’ll wait an uncomfortably long period of time to make a decision, meanwhile forcing you to balance his contract.

been through that a thousand times :picard: sorry bud.

business is brutal ...i know.    there are also not any news on gorges ...not even a fart  ....<_<

The Habs may have a bit of a log jam in their forward ranks, as some kids are pushing pretty hard from underneath. Evgeny Svechnikov, Sammy Blais and Alex Formenton have all dazzled at times during camp, and all three are in the mix to sticking around. But with 12 guys already pencilled in up front, the team may have to move a guy to make room.

However, the backend is a different story. With Jake Dotchin currently on unconditional waivers and Sebastian Aho having been sent down already, Montreal could use a body or two on the blueline, especially if Anthony DeAngelo doesn't stick around. 

If teams are looking for a forward and have an extra d-man, perhaps a hockey trade could be found here...

On 9/21/2018 at 9:10 AM, Squeak said:

Interested to see who can push their way onto our roster.

Victor Rask and Ryan Callahan will find their way to IR, opening up cap space and spots.

Kieffer Bellows, Dominik, Simon, Calle Rosen, Andreas Borgman, Marko Dano, Adam Gaudette, Antti Suomela, and Andy Andreoff all pushing for the two spots created (and another open due to cap space)

Fun times.

A bit clearer of a picture with a week until the regular season.

Personally expect Simon, Suomela and one of Borgman/Rosen to make it..., and Erik Cernak seems to be making a push

On 2018-09-24 at 3:29 PM, Monty said:

Question

Signed a number of prospects to ELCs, but not sure how many to slide, or even how to in this league. Have an $8M budget for slides, but I know they haven’t slid yet, as their contracts are counting against my minors total.

Anyone who can assist, because even after 3 years in this league, I’m still pretty much a guppy.

Just following up to see if anyone knows what the answer would be on this?

Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Monty said:

Thanks.

I seem to recall C2X stating that should players (and team budgets etc) meet requirements to slide, cap sheets will be updated to reflect it.

Hallander on my sheets for instance should end up in my 'Junior system'. If I signed Hughes, he would as well. Not sure if i have anyone else applicable...

Should Fabbro be sliding @canuck2xtreme or @Mike Vanderhoek? That one I'm fuzzy on as I traded for him so...

56 minutes ago, Monty said:

Thanks.

Post in the thread whom you are designating as ELC slide, if there is issue an Executive will notify you.

The section of the CBA I copied and pasted below will show you what you are eligible for. Questions ?

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I seem to recall C2X stating that should players (and team budgets etc) meet requirements to slide, cap sheets will be updated to reflect it.

Hallander on my sheets for instance should end up in my 'Junior system'. If I signed Hughes, he would as well. Not sure if i have anyone else applicable...

Should Fabbro be sliding @canuck2xtreme or @Mike Vanderhoek? That one I'm fuzzy on as I traded for him so...

All the information anyone needs is right here:

7.5 – Player Development

The amount of money invested here determines if a club is eligible to utilize the entry level slide rule, and if so, for how many years. Under the ELC slide provision, a player on an entry level contract can have their contract slide to the following year provided:

- the team had the appropriate investment in their Player Development budget at the time the player signed their contract; and

- the player signed their ELC contract prior to their 21st birthday; and

- the player participated in fewer than 10 NHL games during the course of the first season of their contract.

Entry Level Slide Investment Thresholds

- @ $0 million, not eligible for entry level contract slide.

- @ $5 million, eligible for 1 year entry level contract slide.

- @ $8 million, eligible for 2 years entry level contract slide.

NOTE: Players on ELC slide eligible contracts who are traded will not have their ELC slide status transferred to the acquiring team unless the acquiring team also has the appropriate investment in their Player Development Budget to support the ELC slide system.

40 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Post in the thread whom you are designating as ELC slide, if there is issue an Executive will notify you.

The section of the CBA I copied and pasted below will show you what you are eligible for. Questions ?

All the information anyone needs is right here:

7.5 – Player Development

The amount of money invested here determines if a club is eligible to utilize the entry level slide rule, and if so, for how many years. Under the ELC slide provision, a player on an entry level contract can have their contract slide to the following year provided:

- the team had the appropriate investment in their Player Development budget at the time the player signed their contract; and

- the player participated in fewer than 10 NHL games during the course of the first season of their contract.

Entry Level Slide Investment Thresholds

- @ $0 million, not eligible for entry level contract slide.

- @ $5 million, eligible for 1 year entry level contract slide.

- @ $8 million, eligible for 2 years entry level contract slide.

NOTE: Players on ELC slide eligible contracts who are traded will not have their ELC slide status transferred to the acquiring team unless the acquiring team also has the appropriate investment in their Player Development Budget to support the ELC slide system.

Sure...But how does that work with Fabbro whom I traded for? The previous team didn't appear to have him sliding, can I, given the other criteria appear to be met? 

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sure...But how does that work with Fabbro whom I traded for? The previous team didn't appear to have him sliding, can I, given the other criteria appear to be met? 

Fabbro is Avalanche property, Now I am no " hip-hop, tip-tac-tition " but if he meets the requirements he can slide, thats what I meant by all the information was provided in what I copied and pasted. 

Now if you'd be so kind as to get off my  "sacroiliac" about it. Thanks

7.5 – Player Development

20 hours ago, aGENT said:

Just stepping in quick here.  Did he sign his ELC before you acquired him or after?  And was your investment there prior to signing the contract?

Dante Fabbro is already shown as his ELC being slide eligible on your chart as well.

I only show a $5 million investment for a 1 year slide, was there an update that I missed in that regard?

Also, having a players ELC as 'slide eligible' does not remove their cap hit from the minors section, it only lengthens the duration of the contract as long as the requirements are met throughout the season.  If you assigned a player to your junior system, his contract would not count against the minors total but there are restrictions there to make sure you are aware of before you do so. 

3.4 – Junior System

The Junior system is where you can assign players who have signed entry level contracts but are still eligible to play at the junior level (18-20 years old). Players who are eligible to be assigned to juniors must meet the age criteria (20 years old or younger) at the time of their assignment to junior. Players assigned to junior will not have their salaries count against either the cap or your clubs minors budget. Once a player is assigned to junior during the season (beginning on the first day of the regular season), they cannot be recalled until the end of the regular season. EXCEPTION: Players assigned to the juniors at the start of the season can be recalled if they have turned 21 years old and cannot be re-assigned to junior. Once recalled, their salary will begin to count against the salary cap/minors budget. Eligible players will not be assigned to Junior automatically, they must be placed there via a post in the thread.

9 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Just stepping in quick here.  Did he sign his ELC before you acquired him or after?  And was your investment there prior to signing the contract?

Dante Fabbro is already shown as his ELC being slide eligible on your chart as well.

I only show a $5 million investment for a 1 year slide, was there an update that I missed in that regard?

Also, having a players ELC as 'slide eligible' does not remove their cap hit from the minors section, it only lengthens the duration of the contract as long as the requirements are met throughout the season.  If you assigned a player to your junior system, his contract would not count against the minors total but there are restrictions there to make sure you are aware of before you do so. 

After.

So should I not be able to slide him 1 year given my budgeting...?

Good to know on the Junior thing ;) Seems he would still be eligible as he's still 20 AFAIK

Archived