The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Jeff Skinner to BUF

42 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

An NHL team has hopes that their top 5-7 pick can score 50 points or more.  Reinhart is a former 2nd overall pick that has proven that he can and he is still trending upwards after 3 seasons.  That makes him more valuable than a 5-7 pick.

So the Sabres won't trade Reinhart just for the pick and the Canucks won't package anything with that pick, because of it's value to a drafting GM like JB, that the Sabres would want.

If I’m Buffalo and the Canucks, a likely bottom 5 finisher (quite possibly bottom 3), offer me their first rounder in a draft that’s supposed to be quite good I take that deal and get it processed by the league before Vancouver changes their mind. Reinhart isn’t the same player away from Eichel. How valuable is that? 

Buffalo wants to improve this year so in terms of assets involved I don’t think they’d care to make this deal but in terms of asset value it would be seriously lopsided in their favour. Do you really think any of the teams picking top 5 this last June would’ve traded that pick for Reinhart? Not a chance. 

Has Buffalo recently said they are looking for an offensive def player ? Could this have maybe changed since the draft and getting Dahlin? Not saying Tanev is worth Reinhardt but Tanev would be a good guy to have help shelter your new star on mistakes and let him go more into the more offensive role. 

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

If I’m Buffalo and the Canucks, a likely bottom 5 finisher (quite possibly bottom 3), offer me their first rounder in a draft that’s supposed to be quite good I take that deal and get it processed by the league before Vancouver changes their mind. Reinhart isn’t the same player away from Eichel. How valuable is that? 

Buffalo wants to improve this year so in terms of assets involved I don’t think they’d care to make this deal but in terms of asset value it would be seriously lopsided in their favour. Do you really think any of the teams picking top 5 this last June would’ve traded that pick for Reinhart? Not a chance. 

You have a more aggressive approach than I do towards trades.  Personally I stay with the young up-trending 50 point player.

42 minutes ago, Whale Tail said:

Has Buffalo recently said they are looking for an offensive def player ? Could this have maybe changed since the draft and getting Dahlin? Not saying Tanev is worth Reinhardt but Tanev would be a good guy to have help shelter your new star on mistakes and let him go more into the more offensive role. 

Housley has repeatedly said that he wants all of the players on the ice involved in the offence.  He wants a 5 man rush.  That would mean that he wants the best offensive defensemen that he can get for his top 4.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

You have a more aggressive approach than I do towards trades.  Personally I stay with the young up-trending 50 point player.

I just don’t think he’s really trending up. In a re-draft he wouldn’t go any higher than 6, and more likely in the 8-10 range. If he ever hits 60 points I think it would be as a passenger on his line, possibly Eichel’s. I’ve had him in my fantasy pool the last two years hoping he’d break out but he just hasn’t. When he wasn’t with Eichel last year his offence was pretty abysmal. 

32 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I just don’t think he’s really trending up. In a re-draft he wouldn’t go any higher than 6, and more likely in the 8-10 range. If he ever hits 60 points I think it would be as a passenger on his line, possibly Eichel’s. I’ve had him in my fantasy pool the last two years hoping he’d break out but he just hasn’t. When he wasn’t with Eichel last year his offence was pretty abysmal.

He's been with Eichel each year that he's been in the NHL and has gotten better results every time.  He started out stagnant the first half but really picked it up the second.  Eichel only missed 15 games and he was still slightly gimped up for most of the rest of the season.  That's why he went from over a ppg pre-injury to 3 points under a ppg post-injury.

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

In a re-draft he wouldn’t go any higher than 6, and more likely in the 8-10 range.

In a re-draft Pastrnak, Ekblad & Draisaitl go 1, 2 & 3? In which order, who knows...  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2014e.html

Then Brayden Point, Ehlers. After that Sam starts to get consideration!

Possibly Montour, possibly Reinhart, Larkin likely, pre-injury Fabbri, possibly Nylander???

In any case, its not a home run. But Reinhart is far from a wasted pick!

50 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

In a re-draft Pastrnak, Ekblad & Draisaitl go 1, 2 & 3? In which order, who knows...  http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2014e.html

Then Brayden Point, Ehlers. After that Sam starts to get consideration!

Possibly Montour, possibly Reinhart, Larkin likely, pre-injury Fabbri, possibly Nylander???

In any case, its not a home run. But Reinhart is far from a wasted pick!

Not saying he’s a wasted pick but he’d drop significantly.  Ekblad, Drai, Nylander, Ehlers, Pastrnak, Point, Arvidsson, maybe Larkin. A year from now guys like Tuch, Montour, and Kase could surpass him. 

Archived