The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] - A bet

On a giggle, I thought - who 'could' we swap our first round pick with, for their first round pick.

As a bet. Which team will finish better; us, or them? Is our Sedin-less team going to perform better or worse, forcing guys to step up or not? Or are we dooooooomed to the basement?

I'd considered the options; The coyotes haven't really done anything to elevate themselves and would be unlikely to play this game on the basis that they don't really have a way to 'win'.

Chicago might play; do they think they would rebound? Or are they on the downswing now for certain. They might play the game depending on what they think of their own chances.

Edmonton and Calgary are also wildcard plays. Edmonton has the offense, but their defence is just gobsmackingly awful, and I don't think much of the goaltending either. But... offense. Chia and Benning do have a history so maybe there's a friendly wager to be had. Personally, I think we finish better than the Oilers this year.

Calgary... I'm not sure. Really not sure. Wouldn't necessarily go down this one.

Montreal I'd do the deal with in a heartbeat, same with the Sens (I'd take Karlsson and Ryan along with the pick swap just to be sure ;P)

Detroit I think is on the uptick too, so they would be an interesting 'bet partner' and probably the most interesting of the bunch. I really think we'll be in a points1/points2 situation at the end of the year.

Anybody have an opinion? Perhaps a top dog who definitely won't be there next year? Vegas?

3 hours ago, Justdean10 said:

No way, would be our luck if we traded it, regardless of where we finished it would win the lotto and if we don't trade it, the team we thought about trading it with will win the lotto. 

What if we trade it away in a three way, then get it back from the Hurricanes for bitcoin and shenanigans? 

I think we won the lottery

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] - A bet

Archived