The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

EA Sports simulation picks Maple Leafs to win Stanley Cup

This seems very fake. How did all the media-favourites choices win all the hardware? That NEVER happens in an NHL sim. You will ALWAYS see weird things happen like Benn winning the Hart or Florida winning the Cup. Dahlin winning Calder in NHL 19 is incredibly difficult because the award is so heavily skewed by total points. And you'll always get some random rookie on a team that puts up more points than a defenseman to win the Calder.

Completely fake "sim". They just hand picked their choices, I am 100% certain of it.

15 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

EA takes it pretty seriously.

You might want to make it a non-monetary bet.

From a defensive standpoint, it is. Pittsburgh's defense was far more multi-faceted, boasting a healthy mix of skill, puck-movement, and physicality, all tied by solid defensive zone play. Something that was woefully missing from the Leafs defense, and still is.

Tavares, while very talented is no Crosby. If Toronto can add a bonafide number one defenseman at some point during the season, that would greatly improve their realistic chances at the Cup. Anderson is a very good goalie, who would greatly benefit from a stronger defense.

Yeah, now it's easy to say, with what we know with Vegas.  Don't tell me you seriously thought Vegas would come any close to what they accomplished before the season started.

I believe in 2017 Pittsburgh didn't even have their bonafide #1 in Letang.  I mean their playoff MVP on defense was Ron Hainsey, who they pick up for cheap.

Tavares is no Crosby, but when you compare Crosby/Malkin at 18M$ vs Matthews/Tavares at 12M$, that 6M$ of free cap is huge for the team's depth and ability to improve defense.  They have a boat load of money for rentals, they can easily pick up their Ron Hainsey, maybe more than 1.

Archived