The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] PK Subban to Vancouver might make sense

1 hour ago, Calvin's Dog said:

I think Subban and his contract are a perfect fit for Vancouver. I thought he played his best hockey right after the trade from Montreal. I think it would take more than what if being offered and should not include this year's 10th or Stetcher. 

Maybe: 2019 2nd rd

2020 1st (top 5 protected, no protection for 2021 if bumped ) & 2020 3rd

2023 2nd (turns to first if re-signed in Vancouver) 

Jalen Chatfield 

To Van: Subban

2019 3rd 

I think 1 first (+1st if resigned) 

2nd Rd

3rd Rd

Jalen Chatfield 

for an aging and high priced but high end right shot dman is not overpayment.

This of course would be based on them wanting to sign a Free Agent Forward like Duchene. 

Canucks could also take Bonino as a partial cap dump if they needed. Might need a Granlund+ going the other way to play with brother and cheap forward?

Subban is too much about the drama surrounding himself, and not enough about his teammates and supporting them.  Here’s an example of PK rolling around when, if he was really injured, he’d be completely still.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p-k-subban-injured-late-canadiens-beat-sabres/?row=0&row_id=1617503&xp=2692457&up=18

PK is just way too much about PK.  

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Subban is too much about the drama surrounding himself, and not enough about his teammates and supporting them.  Here’s an example of PK rolling around when, if he was really injured, he’d be completely still.  

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p-k-subban-injured-late-canadiens-beat-sabres/?row=0&row_id=1617503&xp=2692457&up=18

PK is just way too much about PK.  

Devils advocate. I've played on a lot of teams where the team mentality took over and we were all in it for eachother, and i've played on some where no one gave a sh*t about each other. Perhaps PK in Nashville did not have the same bond as in Montreal... but it doesnt mean he is incapable of being a strong team player, especially as he ages. 

I would take him in a heartbeat if the price is right. Honestly, maybe this team could use some personality after 16 years of Sedinery.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Devils advocate. I've played on a lot of teams where the team mentality took over and we were all in it for eachother, and i've played on some where no one gave a sh*t about each other. Perhaps PK in Nashville did not have the same bond as in Montreal... but it doesnt mean he is incapable of being a strong team player, especially as he ages. 

I would take him in a heartbeat if the price is right. Honestly, maybe this team could use some personality after 16 years of Sedinery.

I'd take PK if the price was right too:  2020 2nd round pick + B prospect (Gadjovic) + roster D man (Stecher).  No more though. 

18 hours ago, Calvin's Dog said:

I think Subban and his contract are a perfect fit for Vancouver. I thought he played his best hockey right after the trade from Montreal. I think it would take more than what if being offered and should not include this year's 10th or Stetcher. 

Maybe: 2019 2nd rd

2020 1st (top 5 protected, no protection for 2021 if bumped ) & 2020 3rd

2023 2nd (turns to first if re-signed in Vancouver) 

Jalen Chatfield 

To Van: Subban

2019 3rd 

I think 1 first (+1st if resigned) 

2nd Rd

3rd Rd

Jalen Chatfield 

for an aging and high priced but high end right shot dman is not overpayment.

This of course would be based on them wanting to sign a Free Agent Forward like Duchene. 

Canucks could also take Bonino as a partial cap dump if they needed. Might need a Granlund+ going the other way to play with brother and cheap forward?

At the worlds Stecher isn't even getting half the ice time that Fabbro is getting under Vigneault vs team USA and then in the quarters.  I doubt he is of any interest to them.

Poile says Subban is a top, top player.  If they trade him it's for a difference maker that helps them now. They are not going to give him away.  He makes their team better and would need an equally impactful difference maker in return.

Bonino had 35pts in a shutdown role - lowest zone starts on the team.  They are more likely looking to sell high on him.

Granlund has been underwhelming - very doubtful they'd want both brothers when they are thinking of possibly trading the other.  

5 minutes ago, mll said:

At the worlds Stecher isn't even getting half the ice time that Fabbro is getting under Vigneault vs team USA and then in the quarters.  I doubt he is of any interest to them.

Poile says Subban is a top, top player.  If they trade him it's for a difference maker that helps them now. They are not going to give him away.  He makes their team better and would need an equally impactful difference maker in return.

Bonino had 35pts in a shutdown role - lowest zone starts on the team.  They are more likely looking to sell high on him.

Granlund has been underwhelming - very doubtful they'd want both brothers when they are thinking of possibly trading the other.  

And what do you expect Poile to say publicly about any player(s) he's needing to trade off his team, so they can be better?  

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And what do you expect Poile to say publicly about any player(s) he's needing to trade off his team, so they can be better?  

Poile says there's been rumours ever since they have traded for him.  He also says everyone can be traded.  None of his players have trade clauses other than Rinne.  It's really not a given that Subban gets traded.  He fits in well in the room.  He was also injured for most of the season which has impacted his performance.