The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Adam Cracknell signs with Kunlun Red Star (KHL)

Oh cool.

Kunlun is a fascinating KHL team. They're China's only KHL team and they've been on a tear this offseason signing NHL/high end AHL calibre talent to their roster. The list of signings don't just include former Canuck Adam Cracknell but also Andrej Sustr, Trevor Murphy (who I thought the Canucks should've gone after as a low risk/high reward defensive signing), Tyler Wong (he's the guy who scored the hat trick against the Canucks in Vegas's first ever preseason game), Spencer Foo (highly sought after college UFA two seasons ago who is going to Kunlun to secure a spot on China's olympic roster), Jake Chelios (Chris's son and a top AHL defenseman), former Canucks Brandon DeFazio Marc-Andre Gragnani, & Drew Shore, former NHLer Victor Bartley, and a top AHL goalie from the last two seasons Jeremy Smith. They've also signed WHL standout and a member of the University of Alberta superteam Jason Fram (who is of Asian descent) to a deal too.

Either way, Kunlun is stocking up for a big run and I'm pretty intrigued. If Kunlun can get things going, hockey would greatly benefit from entering and becoming popular in China.

I may be keeping an eye on how Kunlun does this year now too.

• Cheers 2