The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tonight we're going to party....like it's Germany 1937?

Jewish victims of racial violence banned from the open square and waving their flag at a soccer game? Eventually, the unrestrained antisemitism that's reaching epic proportions across Europe isn't going to end well. Get ready for a return to 1937....the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Jewish Soccer Fans Beaten in Strasbourg as Police Bans Israeli Flags from Tonight’s Game, Jewish Fans Banned from Center of French city over Antisemitism Fears

antisemitism_european_cover.jpg

11 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Jewish victims of racial violence banned from the open square and waving their flag at a soccer game? Eventually, the unrestrained antisemitism that's reaching epic proportions across Europe isn't going to end well. Get ready for a return to 1937....the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Jewish Soccer Fans Beaten in Strasbourg as Police Bans Israeli Flags from Tonight’s Game, Jewish Fans Banned from Center of French city over Antisemitism Fears

antisemitism_european_cover.jpg

Nothing new, stuff like this has been happening in Europe forever.

Its only about to get worse, especially in France.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

As a Jew this make me really sad.

Made it's time we all moved to Israel 

Just move to NYC.  There are over a million Jews in NYC (around 15% of the population) and roughly just as many upstate.  In fact there are more Jews in the whole of the US than there is in Israel  (8 million vs. 6.5 million).  Although to be fair if you ask a hardcore sect of Judaism, they'll say the US only has around 5.5 million "true" Jews.

Also, if you do move to Israel, enjoy your 32 months of mandatory military service.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Just move to NYC.  There are over a million Jews in NYC (around 15% of the population) and roughly just as many upstate.  In fact there are more Jews in the whole of the US than there is in Israel  (8 million vs. 6.5 million).  Although to be fair if you ask a hardcore sect of Judaism, they'll say the US only has around 5.5 million "true" Jews.

Also, if you do move to Israel, enjoy your 32 months of mandatory military service.

I've been to Israel twice I know how the system works there. I'm actually exempt from military service because of a medical condition so... 

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

I was teasing.  :lol:  I actually thought of it because this reminded me that Hitler's personal physician notes supposedly had in it that he had a micropenis.

Hitler had lots of problems.

I feel really sorry for him honestly. It must've been really sad for him to walk around the world with all that hate. Not to mention he was a meth addict. As someone with experience with addiction issues I can sort of understand what he must've been going through with his addiction.

I still hate his guts and would hurt him in a second if I had a time machine and I could go back in time to stop something but I still feel sorry for him. 

13 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zuheir_Mohsen

Check out what this guy says about the Palestinian national identity. This is coming from a Palestinian bureaucrat. dd

What gets me is that they all still believe this crap.  There's no solid historical evidence that would even come close to the Jewish people's claim over that territory.  I can only imagine how much history the Palestinians destroyed, and likely continue to dig up and destroy to this day, after they took control over the Temple Mount.

Edited by SabreFan1
added "and"
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zuheir_Mohsen

Check out what this guy says about the Palestinian national identity. This is coming from a Palestinian bureaucrat, so..... 

None of your business 

It's like saying Canadians and Americans aren't very different. He's not lying. Doesn't mean it isn't their land. Judaism is not the only religion native to that area. Israel is an unrecognized nation (would be a lot more without us backing) and it's people have been expelled from over 100 countries.

Damn, this thread is gonna get locked in 3...2...1...

Edited by Baer.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

Hitler had lots of problems.

I feel really sorry for him honestly. It must've been really sad for him to walk around the world with all that hate. Not to mention he was a meth addict. As someone with experience with addiction issues I can sort of understand what he must've been going through with his addiction.

I still hate his guts and would hurt him in a second if I had a time machine and I could go back in time to stop something but I still feel sorry for him. 

You need one of these.  It fits four, so (if killing Hitler is the plan) I get spot number two.  

F6075F82-CABF-4360-B9C2-A2CAA4953CDF.jpeg

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who are attacking the Jewish people?  Is it radical Muslims?  Or is it just hooligans from the home side?  The article said local people helped the Jewish people, and chased off the attackers.  

Article doesn't explicitly say...best case scenario (if there is one) is that it is as you say....hooligans. However, given the rise of anti-Semitic rhetoric and attacks across France in recent years, combined with the banning of Jews from Strasbourg town square/waving Israeli flags/limiting number of "Jews" into the stadium, I think it's safe to say the violence is due more to anti-Semitic racism than just "hooligans from the home side". 

Water takes the path of least resistance....so does explicit displays of anti-Semitic racism. No better example than a French soccer match  

1 minute ago, Baer. said:

It's like saying Canadians and Americans aren't very different. He's not lying. Doesn't mean it isn't their land. Judaism is not the only religion native to that area. Israel is an unrecognized nation and it's people are banned from over 100 countries.

Damn, this thread is gonna get locked in 3...2...1...

Judaism is the first of the Abrahamic faiths.  It predates Christianity by 1000 years.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, morrissex95 said:

I've had this discussion before with people.  For as successful of a speaker and subsequently a politician as Hitler was, he was a very mediocre strategist while at war.  If someone were to go back and kill him, they'd take the chance that someone much smarter would have eventually taken control of Germany and ended up conquering all of Europe, including eventually Russia.

Would that person have also used the Jewish people as scapegoats and committed genocide?  History points to yes.

• Upvote 1