The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Tales From The Dungeon [Game over; Mafia win)

Rate this topic

AV.

Nobody else (asides from Aladeen slightly) going to point out that MR is counting the number of times people FOS/Vote him? No? Just me?

Vanilla TP don’t have vote requirements, so this is something to note. Now, is this a ploy to save his ass or is he being genuine?

3 minutes ago, Maple said:

Would you care to elaborate on where you found Jay (because BJ is such an undignified name) and Falcon to be particularly scummy? It looks like you put some time into evaluating MR, so I imagine you read the others as well. Thanks :)

Well like I said it has to do with moodanomics. If scum see an easy way to point the town toward a mislynch 9x out of 10 they are gonna take it. 

Here we have Stamkos opening the door:

2 hours ago, Stamkos said:

Would MR slip this early? Or is this just weird wording?

Here he is merely asking the question, and to answer it I think it is just weird wording. I doubt scum Stamkos goes on the offensive but now that I read it again planting the seed is a little scummy.

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Nope it’s definitely a slip and MR already is scummy.

Vote MR

BJ latches on before he's posted anything else in the thread and at this point has made up his mind about MR. Doesn't mean BJ is scum but an opportunistic eager scum may just jump in here. His certainty is actually a little townie but giving no real rationale to why its a slip is not.

48 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

A proper slip? Sounds like a hasty cover. 

Opportunistic Scum? This is where I would come in on the slipgate if I was scum.

47 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

This is just disgusting deflection. MR thinks he is above level 1 slips? I don’t think so.

Anger about a logical sentiment from a very experienced player... scummy IMO

44 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

Agreed. He seems to be playing a lil fast and loose right now, with a dash of sassy.

That's not scummy though if anything that is a little townie.

40 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Looks like you are losing public opinion. Good luck with that one :lol:

This is exactly what scum would want assuming MR to be town.

33 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

All of his reactions to this entire situation have been scummy in itself. I can’t recall the last time MR has been mislynched in round 1, and given my most recent games, I literally have to take matters in my own hands to kill him off. He’s using hyperbole and deflection as his defense mechanisms. He’s scum. Scummy scum scum.

A little more explantation to his rationale again the confidence does read a little townie.

32 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Literally the easiest read I will ever have to make. Don’t really care what he says now the rest of the round. If he wants to try and test my overconfidence again, I dare him to.

Maybe too confident, he says the hyperbole used by MR is scummy and yet he uses it here himself?

24 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Maybe because you don't want to?

I haven't been around long, but you're lacking your normal intro post bite

Although LL's post here isn't directly accusing MR moodanomics again would point to yet another player that is of the sentiment that MR did actually slip up or is scum pushing the narrative. 

42 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

What I read here is a slip in the sense that MR is saying that he and Aladeen are on separate teams.  BUT, what side of the fence is MR sitting on? 

Again it has to do with moodanomics here, everyone trying to implicate MR on somethings small would suggest that there must be at least one scum pushing that narrative. 

19 minutes ago, SixFootFiveAndJackedAF said:

vote Aladeen

Town wouldn't be active here.

Game solving is untownie to you?

By the way you voted I will assume you are new to CDC mafia or at least someone hoping the rest of us think that's the case. 

2 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Well like I said it has to do with moodanomics. If scum see an easy way to point the town toward a mislynch 9x out of 10 they are gonna take it. 

Here we have Stamkos opening the door:

Here he is merely asking the question, and to answer it I think it is just weird wording. I doubt scum Stamkos goes on the offensive but now that I read it again planting the seed is a little scummy.

BJ latches on before he's posted anything else in the thread and at this point has made up his mind about MR. Doesn't mean BJ is scum but an opportunistic eager scum may just jump in here. His certainty is actually a little townie but giving no real rationale to why its a slip is not.

Opportunistic Scum? This is where I would come in on the slipgate if I was scum.

Anger about a logical sentiment from a very experienced player... scummy IMO

That's not scummy though if anything that is a little townie.

This is exactly what scum would want assuming MR to be town.

A little more explantation to his rationale again the confidence does read a little townie.

Maybe too confident, he says the hyperbole used by MR is scummy and yet he uses it here himself?

Although LL's post here isn't directly accusing MR moodanomics again would point to yet another player that is of the sentiment that MR did actually slip up or is scum pushing the narrative. 

Again it has to do with moodanomics here, everyone trying to implicate MR on somethings small would suggest that there must be at least one scum pushing that narrative. 

Mine may look like hyperbole as well, but if I can back mine up and confident in the read/result, is it still hyperbole or just overconfidence? (Fair point though, I could see how that could be hypocritical).

3 minutes ago, Stamkos said:

Nobody else (asides from Aladeen slightly) going to point out that MR is counting the number of times people FOS/Vote him? No? Just me?

Vanilla TP don’t have vote requirements, so this is something to note. Now, is this a ploy to save his ass or is he being genuine?

I am not sure exactly why he was doing that but I think it was to show that a bandwagon was going to form on him.

A bandwagon forming on him that early in the game would be so scummy for so many reasons. I don't think that was to save his ass as there was really nothing to save at that point. 

Anyway I am done defending MR, he could be scum, I just don't like people's reasons for calling him scum. 

Just now, Blue Jay 22 said:

Mine may look like hyperbole as well, but if I can back mine up and confident in the read/result, is it still hyperbole or just overconfidence? (Fair point though, I could see how that could be hypocritical).

Like MR is clearly voting for me because he’s pissed and hates the narrative I’m pushing. I know you outlined the same posts I outlined when making our read of him. I’m not sure about the others on his wagon (if you can even call it one). We can agree to disagree on the narrative we push/shape with his posts, but in my opinion, he slipped up, and his reaction was poor and only affirmed my belief on him.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Aw, poor MR getting all grumpy right out the gate. Fast and loose is right, falc.

Please

49 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Maybe because you don't want to?

I haven't been around long, but you're lacking your normal intro post bite

LL is a little too aloof and carefree in his early posting for me as well. I thought this above sequence was interesting. He seems to agree with falcon’s sentiments of MR (an accusational post), then bounced his attention to Aladeen after his assessment of the MR situation, only to focus back on the language in Stamkos’s posts regarding wincon. All the while he never really gave a strong opinion on the MR situation except for parroting falcon’s thoughts. 

Scum lean as well. Won’t be able to hide under the veil of ignorance in this case for me.

Aladeen I’m just trying to take note of everything that’s happening. There’s always the “how did we miss that!” comments from early game, and I’m trying to figure out what those moments are before they happen. To me it seemed like he was being fairly confident that you’re on separate teams.