The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Anyone Seen the Docuseries on Netflix Called "The Family" ?

dpn1

I watched this series last week and found it disturbing.  Don't get me wrong, I am an Ordained Baptist Minister and obviously don't have a problem with Religion.  This sounds more like a cult to me.  I am a big believer in the idea of the Separation of Church and State.  What do you all think?

We watched it all, but in the end came away with the feeling that they were trying to make something sensational from of very little substance. There was a LOT of repetition and padding in the series.

• Cheers 1

I watched the first few episodes and was confused understandably. (my question is below) I felt like they were using the excuse of religion to reach people in powerful places, but it didn't feel very religious in of itself. 

The most telling part of the documentary to me, was hearing the leaders of the cult say we don't care what party you are in, as long as you have us in your ear. It really is interesting to see how easily people give up their beliefs and values for some political gain. 

This may contain spoilers, sorry! (my question) 

The young boys they have, that they are training - is that so they can one day go out as spiritual leaders on behalf of "the family" and mingle with politicians?