The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite Sedin Tribute

Rate this topic

supermanbieksa

13 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You can be loyal to a team and dislike certain players. Every fan has a play style that they prefer, disliking the Sedins doesn't make someone any less of a fan.

12 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

It's a post meant to poke fun at the Sedins diving habit. You're making quite the leap there, bud.

This is a tribute post, not an I'm gonna bash the Sedins post.  Next time move along and don't read the post. 

And btw, this style had the greatest Canucks seasons in their history.  First ballot HOFers, even though you don't think they deserve that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

This is a tribute post, not an I'm gonna bash the Sedins post.  Next time move along and don't read the post. 

And btw, this style had the greatest Canucks seasons in their history.  First ballot HOFers, even though you don't think they deserve that.

The Sedins also had one of the best supporting cast ever in van.....

what if wce had the team they did? 

That style won us nothing...

But I guess the sedins fans/ supporters have more push back then they did......

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

And?..... Is what he said false? Lol

Yes, i disagree. They were never expected to play the game like 189 pound enforcers. They had otherworldly skills and they are not scrapers. Big deal, doesn't make them sissy's. They played through a lot of injuries and were always at the top of the physical testing year after year even into their late 30's. I do admit they dived a few times but they never did that in their last years. I don't like diving either but they did cut that out. What about the times they took deliberate cheap shots and came back? The Keith one to Sedin could have ended his carreer. If you think they should have dropped the gloves against the toughest in the NHlL, you are just delusional. 

8 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Yes, i disagree. They were never expected to play the game like 189 pound enforcers. They had otherworldly skills and they are not scrapers. Big deal, doesn't make them sissy's. They played through a lot of injuries and were always at the top of the physical testing year after year even into their late 30's. I do admit they dived a few times but they never did that in their last years. I don't like diving either but they did cut that out. What about the times they took deliberate cheap shots and came back? The Keith one to Sedin could have ended his carreer. If you think they should have dropped the gloves against the toughest in the NHlL, you are just delusional. 

Kieth an enforcer? How about what the rat did to them? 

You weren't a lil bit embarrassed ? 

I know they were skill guys but there's a line and they had no back bone on the ice.

or how about when they called virtanen out for a late hit to the press? They had no business saying that to the press, it should've been handled privately and you know it.

Edited by RowdyCanuck

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

@Timbermen okay I looked and here's my tribute to the sedins..... Hope you like it! 

You should go back to the bruins forum, Anyone that used bruins and batboy Marchand clips to prove their point is no Canucks fan. Remember when Ratboy jumped Lars Eller and in the next match up turtled? If you think Ratboy is some kind of toughlguy, thats what you would do to. 

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Kieth an enforcer? How about what the rat did to them? 

You weren't a lil bit embarrassed ? 

I know they were skill guys but there's a line and they had no back bone on the ice.

or how about when they called virtanen out for a late hit to the press? 

I never said Keith was an inforcer, I said if you expect the Sedins to drop the gloves against the NHL's toughest. Go back to the Dallas Stars site and hang with your buddy, Tyler Seguin.

• Haha 1

Just now, Timbermen said:

You should go back to the bruins forum, Anyone that used bruins and batboy Marchand clips to prove their point is no Canucks fan. Remember when Ratboy jumped Lars Eller and in the next match up turtled? If you think Ratboy is some kind of toughlguy, thats what you would do to. 

Bruins? I hate them thank you but I like the way they play wish the Canucks would play that way like the wce did.

your right the rat boy isn't tough but he still walked all over them....

yea I saw him turtle to ellars....what does that say about the Sedins if a player like ellar can make rat boy turtle?...

2 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

I never said Keith was an inforcer, I said if you expect the Sedins to drop the gloves against the NHL's toughest. Go back to the Dallas Stars site and hang with your buddy, Tyler Seguin.

The Sedins barely saw ice with enforcers on it, later on in their career. 

It would have been nice to seen them stand up for them selfs instead of turning the cheek....bure didn't in the final....why couldn't they?....

oh by the way die hard fan I love kes and burr. From that team and I loved big bert fav Canuck by far. 

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Bruins? I hate them thank you but I like the way they play wish the Canucks would play that way like the wce did.

your right the rat boy isn't tough but he still walked all over them....

yea I saw him turtle to ellars....what does that say about the Sedins if a player like ellar can make rat boy turtle?...

Did you watch the series? The refs were letting the Bruins get away with murder and calling every thing on the Canucks. The Sedins are not fighters, they never were. There were players on the team that were supposed to do that but like i said, the refs and DPS were letting the bruins do what ever they wanted. What other finesse players in the NHL fight? 

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

The Sedins barely saw ice with enforcers on it, later on in their career. 

It would have been nice to seen them stand up for them selfs instead of turning the cheek....bure didn't in the final....why couldn't they?....

oh by the way die hard fan I love kes and burr. From that team and I loved big bert fav Canuck by far. 

Bure had Gino ready to rag doll any one that messed with him and the other teams knew it. The sedin sisters thing comes from other teams that could not stop them. Canucks fans should not join them in that narrative.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Timbermen said:

Did you watch the series? The refs were letting the Bruins get away with murder and calling every thing on the Canucks. The Sedins are not fighters, they never were. There were players on the team that were supposed to do that but like i said, the refs and DPS were letting the bruins do what ever they wanted. What other finesse players in the NHL fight? 

I watched and maybe one elbow or punch would have ended that....

well filp forsberg fought and a lot of star players push back or use a chip shots or fights once in a blue moon....

Just now, Timbermen said:

Bure had Gino ready to rag doll any one that messed with him and the other teams knew it. The sedin sisters thing comes from other teams that could not stop them. Canucks fans should not join them in that narrative.

I guess you missed bure taken care of business in the 93 final then......

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I guess you missed bure taken care of business in the 93 final then......

You mean the elbow on Churla? That was awesome but it's not in the Sedins dna and i don't think that makes them sissy's. Just very classy and selfless human beings, they would take all sorts of abuse because their way was to pay them back on the PP.

6 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

You mean the elbow on Churla? That was awesome but it's not in the Sedins dna and i don't think that makes them sissy's. Just very classy and selfless human beings, they would take all sorts of abuse because their way was to pay them back on the PP.

Yup that elbow and okay then slash the lil rat or other top players that dog you....stand up for your self...that's a man thing to do isn't? And for sure if the bully is what 5'9 rat boy....

woah the Sedins are all class and perfect gentlemen but  nice guys finish last when it matters.  

2 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

This is from Brian Burke, a guy who knows a thing or two about NHL toughness, i think. I would rather remember them for their revolutionary play rather than those times they got bullied.

That might be easier if they weren't bullied out of a cup...to me the Sedins were great off ice but couldn't stand them on ice....

sedins were what burkie didn't like about the eruo players....before you say well Burke drafted them well they were the best two players in the draft( it was a weak draft) 

like you said Burke knows toughness. 

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yup that elbow and okay then slash the lil rat or other top players that dog you....stand up for your self...that's a man thing to do isn't? And for sure if the bully is what 5'9 rat boy....

woah the Sedins are all class and perfect gentlemen but  nice guys finish last when it matters.  

That might be easier if they weren't bullied out of a cup...to me the Sedins were great off ice but couldn't stand them on ice....

sedins were what burkie didn't like about the eruo players....before you say well Burke drafted them well they were the best two players in the draft( it was a weak draft) 

like you said Burke knows toughness. 

You didn't watch the video, this is my last post about it because that video says it way better than i can.

57 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

D1340772-4571-4531-8152-93D0FE8271D0.gif.d883aa6f133b69cb3b393b133fc146c4.gif

6055F04C-6EBC-4BCD-A3EB-B64D0A4389AA.gif.cbc7eeff0c88ecb2afc5b57e4d624923.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1