The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Van-LA

They trade a lottery pick for a broken Juolevi, a decent prospect and a 3rd rounder on top of taking Eriksson why? This makes zero sense for LA that is likely retooling and not rebuilding. If anything they try what Boston did and load up on first rounders if at all possible. They want to move out their Eriksson's not bring in more at the cost of a potential top 5 pick in a draft where the top 5 looks as good as most year's top 2.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That’s rough for LA haha but even rougher for us. Imagine bringing Kolvachuk into Vancouver yuck! I’d rather see the fan base continue to beat on Loui TBH. At least Loui doesn’t hurt the dressing room

Taking in a top 5 pick (Potentially) for a often injured Juolevi, Woo, and a long shot 3rd rounder? Kovalchuk and Eriksson are a borderline wash, even then we win cause one fewer seasons on Kovy. Yeah I take that 10 times outta 10. The top 5 this year is supposed to be stacked. Only thing we are really losing is Woo and even then it's more the idea of what he can become. Canucks win hands down in this trade. Unless somehow Eriksson finds his scoring touch in LA, which lets be real nobody is scoring there.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Taking in a top 5 pick (Potentially) for a often injured Juolevi, Woo, and a long shot 3rd rounder? Kovalchuk and Eriksson are a borderline wash, even then we win cause one fewer seasons on Kovy. Yeah I take that 10 times outta 10. The top 5 this year is supposed to be stacked. Only thing we are really losing is Woo and even then it's more the idea of what he can become. Canucks win hands down in this trade. Unless somehow Eriksson finds his scoring touch in LA, which lets be real nobody is scoring there.

True that! 

Edited by KnuckleHead16

33 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I was kidding. Of course it would be worth it to get a top 5 pick but I would despise seeing that guy in a Canucks jersey. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Devron44 said:

I was kidding. Of course it would be worth it to get a top 5 pick but I would despise seeing that guy in a Canucks jersey. 

Just do what LA did to him, tell him we ain't playing him. He can hang around the arena though. Lol. Can even take it a step forward and just Sam Gagner the guy to the Marlies or whatever AHL team will take him that isn't Utica.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

They trade a lottery pick for a broken Juolevi, a decent prospect and a 3rd rounder on top of taking Eriksson why? This makes zero sense for LA that is likely retooling and not rebuilding. If anything they try what Boston did and load up on first rounders if at all possible. They want to move out their Eriksson's not bring in more at the cost of a potential top 5 pick in a draft where the top 5 looks as good as most year's top 2.

Actually LA on a full out rebuild! They want to be younger! Only Kopitar, Doughty secures spots on this rebuild. Just Quick unsure about LA plans for him. Joulevi actually playing good hockey. Don’t know why you think he’s broken? Jett Woo has been playing pretty good hockey himself! Only drafted both of them in first round! Defensemen are very valuable in the trade market these days! Those two players and our second is more then enough to perhaps grab their first pick. Plus we’re taking Kovalchuk a guy they obviously gonna part ways with! That could easily renew his stride playing elsewhere! Just like Lou could do the same playing in LA. Who knows? Definitely not you. Just my opinion against yours. 

Edited by KnuckleHead16
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Just do what LA did to him, tell him we ain't playing him. He can hang around the arena though. Lol. Can even take it a step forward and just Sam Gagner the guy to the Marlies or whatever AHL team will take him that isn't Utica.

Can't Sam Gagner him.  He has a NMC.  Even if he is not with the team he will still be considered an active player and take up a roster spot. 

15 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'll keep OJ and Woo, those two combined are greater than a first round pick.

LE is done in 2.5 years or less anyway.

That’s a very very long time considering... Kovalchuk has one year on his contract after this season plus Kings first rd pick could benefit us tremendously knowing how this years draft is going to be stacked! 

17 hours ago, KnuckleHead16 said:

That’s a very very long time considering... Kovalchuk has one year on his contract after this season plus Kings first rd pick could benefit us tremendously knowing how this years draft is going to be stacked! 

The Kings are rebuilding - no reason to think they are willing to move a 1st.  Kovalchuk is not playing and they don't need the cap space for now.  There's no incentive to add a longer contract in Eriksson given where their team is at right now.