The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Pandemic [Game Over: Mafia wins]

Rate this topic

Aladeen

Just now, falcon45ca said:

AV revealed his investigation of jazz as a tp hoarder, and then Al revealed he was a tp hoarder. How does this not show that AV's investigation was accurate of jazz? 

Maybe you missed the chain of events.

1) AV claims to have "investigated" jazz and revealed his full role info, stipulating that the town would avenge this offense (or something like that).

2) Aladeen immediately kills jazz

3) Aladeen tells us a condition was met at the beginning of the round for Jazz to get killed. Obviously this condition was AV claiming that info in the thread. Why would this be a villager action?

This was a pro-mafia mechanic. So at best, AV is a bastard sheriff that is going to keep &^@#ing us. At worst, he's mafia causing absolute chaos. 

3 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Maybe you missed the chain of events.

1) AV claims to have "investigated" jazz and revealed his full role info, stipulating that the town would avenge this offense (or something like that).

2) Aladeen immediately kills jazz

3) Aladeen tells us a condition was met at the beginning of the round for Jazz to get killed. Obviously this condition was AV claiming that info in the thread. Why would this be a villager action?

This was a pro-mafia mechanic. So at best, AV is a bastard sheriff that is going to keep &^@#ing us. At worst, he's mafia causing absolute chaos. 

This isn't true.  The sheriff discovering that thejazz97 was hoarding is the answer.  I revealed the info to the thread because I promised I would reveal my info immediately.  

Aladeen even said that he posted the breaking news to prevent thejazz97 from posting in R3 because of the condition.  I posted the info in R3.

Nice try.

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

This isn't true.  The sheriff discovering that thejazz97 was hoarding is the answer.  I revealed the info to the thread because I promised I would reveal my info immediately.  

Aladeen even said that he posted the breaking news to prevent thejazz97 from posting in R3 because of the condition.  I posted the info in R3.

Nice try.

It doesn't matter which it is. You're claiming that YOUR actions got thejazz killed. That doesn't make any sense for a sheriff action. 

Let's also consider the nature of sheriff results. It's pretty universal that the sheriffs only find out alignment OR the name of the role. Since when do you see a "sheriff" get a full-on role description like that? You don't. The Mafia get results like that when they investigate. 

2 minutes ago, Ceres said:

It doesn't matter which it is. You're claiming that YOUR actions got thejazz killed. That doesn't make any sense for a sheriff action. 

Let's also consider the nature of sheriff results. It's pretty universal that the sheriffs only find out alignment OR the name of the role. Since when do you see a "sheriff" get a full-on role description like that? You don't. The Mafia get results like that when they investigate. 

In this universe, that would mean Master Radishes (Patient Zero) and I (KP) would have had mafia roles that returned "Town".  Kinda "unfair" for the town, don't you think?

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

In this universe, that would mean Master Radishes (Patient Zero) and I (KP) would have had mafia roles that returned "Town".  Kinda "unfair" for the town, don't you think?

If you or the mafia have investigations then it obviously wouldn't have returned MR as town. That would be the lie if you're wolfing. 

11 minutes ago, Ceres said:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that AV was the MK target

Just now, Ceres said:

If you or the mafia have investigations then it obviously wouldn't have returned MR as town. That would be the lie if you're wolfing. 

So, how did I know about thejazz97?  How many investigations do you think I would have as the KP in just two rounds?

1 minute ago, falcon45ca said:

You seem to be ignoring the fact that AV was the MK target

I've been around the block and have seen the MK used deliberately to cause confusion.

I would be more inclined to believe AV as a bastardized sheriff if he wasn't acting so rigidly. But he's still acting like he's legit despite all the anti-TP things he's caused. 

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

So, how did I know about thejazz97?  How many investigations do you think I would have as the KP in just two rounds?

Stop this fallacious arguing. I am not saying how many investigations they mafia would or wouldn't have had. And I'm not saying you are the KP. 

But the mafia would need one investigation for the information you've shared so far. 

4 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Stop this fallacious arguing. I am not saying how many investigations they mafia would or wouldn't have had. And I'm not saying you are the KP. 

But the mafia would need one investigation for the information you've shared so far. 

Or the sheriff could have shared this information with his two investigations that have taken place in the two rounds we've played so far.

Notice how Ceres has stopped scum-hunting and his whole gameplay this round is just finding ways to discredit me.

Why didn't he investigate me last night if he thought I was scum with Master Radishes?  He was so sure I was with his CDC protection post.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:02 PM, Ceres said:

CDC Recommendations for the Pandemic

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuKOC0cKNjTEK_nCYoOWn

Know How it Spreads

111.jpg?itok=XH3BdTjX radish.thumb.png.6e1515ae4f0b10962b07161

• There is only one vaccine to prevent Master Radish disease 2019 (MRAD19). Follow the CDC guidelines if you want access to it.
  • The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
  • The virus is thought to spread mainly from vegetable-to-person.
    • Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 posts).
    • Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person wall-posts.
  • These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.

Take steps to protect yourself

Illustration: washing hands with soap and water

Clean your hands often

• Wash your hands, eyes, and ears often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have read a post from MR or AV.
  • If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.

bFCzPVG.png

Hang the Infected

• Put distance between yourself and other people if MRAD-19 is spreading in your community. The most effective way to distance yourself is to remove the infected person from this world via hanging. 

This aged really poorly.