The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you working or unemployed now during covid times?

Mainly Mattias

Are you working or unemployed now during covid times?  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

Read an interesting article of how Facebook may encourage people to work from home and adjust their salaries from there depending on where they live.  Like someone in vancouver will have a higher salary than someone in Abbotsford because the cost of living is higher in Vancouver, and someone in 100 mile will make even less based on the costs there, they were basing it off rental and home prices I believe.  Be interesting to see if that works.  They could shed a few bucks while allowing families to live in the country instead of cities, and not have to do long commutes, etc. If I had that opportunity to loose some money off my salary to not commute and work from home but still be competitive in the industry then I would jump on that myself.

No doubt that working at home saves money in significant ways. Commuting, meals out, clothing and the real biggy day care. Still think the appeal will modify for many industries. My nephew is currently working 3 days a week at home. Splitting the week  makes a lot of sense. 

• 2 weeks later...