The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2020-21 (Apply Within!)

Nail

21 minutes ago, Nail said:

Hey guys, as mentioned in discord last week I’ve been super busy as of late which hasn’t allowed me to get any updates done. I’m hoping I’ll find some time in the next few days here but school is insane lol. Everything will eventually get backdated!

Life comes first my man all good. :P

• Cheers 1

NJ has made a trade with a west coast team. We will be releasing a pre-trade deadline presser with a progress update on the club and its future in the coming days.

Nordstrom, Paquette are no longer on our trade bait list. Still several cost effective options on the block tho if your interested!

Arizona listening to offers on Jonas Brodin and Blake Coleman for those looking for playoff players. Looking for futures in return.

Also willing to move Ben Hutton, Riley Nash, and Travis Hamonic for a  5th round pick. 

Waivers: The Vancouver Canucks waive Justin Dowling to the minor league affiliate.

Recall: The Vancouver Canucks recall Alex Formenton.

*admittedly I am getting confused now on who is where how on my roster. I am pretty sure this will work to get Alex back on the big club. 

On 3/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, Caboose said:

^quick math says I should be OK, but if not keep Erne down.

You were slightly over the cap with Erne up so I have left him down.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, winterhawks said:

Assignment: The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to assign Evgeni Svechnikov to the minors.

Recall: The Columbus Blue Jackets would like to call up Kevin Stenlund and place him on the active roster.

Stenlund was called up on the previous page so I have left Svechnikov up.

Alright, I believe I have caught up with all thread transactions and PMs now.

As you may notice from the new thread title, this is a reminder that our trade deadline will be April 12th at 10:00 PM PST.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Nail said:

The New Jersey Devils have signed Nikolai Knyzhov to a 2 year deal worth $1M per year.

*Backdated to March 20*

@Rush17

NJ is very happy to welcome Nikolai to the Devils organization. He is a hell of a young player and we are thrilled to have him on board!

Welcome also to Max Jones whom we are ecstatic to bring onto our club. Our teams lackluster season has certainly been a let down. Bringing in two high quality young guys to hopefully help this take a step next season is all very exciting. Welcome to Jersey Nikolai and Max!

Vancouver has been asked about some players, prompting the following notice for OTB dudes.

Spoiler

Kopitar is available, but has an NMC with just Tampa, Dallas and Colorado on his list, i don't think there will be any luck in getting him to waive, nor is he on a playoff bound NHL team, but he is otb out of Vancouver for bubble teams that need the extra push for their bobsled to come in the top four, lol. 

Carl Soderberg is available, and CHicago is neck and neck for a playoff spot tied and fighting with Nashville for 4th in their division.

Vince Hinostroza is available and he is Florida asset, they are 3rd in DIV and look to be solidly in the postseason.

Brandon Sutter is available as a rental, his deal expires this offseason, but will Vancouver make the moonshot they need to get to to the post season? A week off is nice to help get people healthy, but they will need to win 9 of 14 in April to have a shot, imo. Possible, anyways, he is otb for those who like Canucks players.

Matt Martin is a very decent playoff asset on the Islanders. My guess is they aren't one and done in the post season and he could very well be the difference between getting bumped out of the 2nd round or makin the turd in our league. OTB.

Mark Pysyk is available on the blueline too, Dallas ought to make the postseason, they still have a lot of games in hand from covid shutdown. 4 games in hand and a better goal differential than Nashville and Columbus.

Kasimir Kaskisuo, Nashville's backup or Landon Bow, the taxi goalie with Dallas. Both are OTB but I want to move Kasimir out and willing to take a pick back.

Not exclusive or finite, but that is the offerings. 

Cheers

P.O>

• Cheers 1

Injured Reserve:

Tampa Bay places Aaron Ekblad and Joel Kiviranta on injured reserve

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/florida-panthers-star-defenceman-aaron-ekblad-done-done-for-season-with-leg-fracture-1.1615331%3ftsn-amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/stars-joel-kiviranta-placed-on-ir/amp/

Recall:

Tampa Bay Recalls Karson Kuhlman from the minors

@Nail

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

New Jersey Devils 2020 NHL Draft Hats, Knit Hats, Beanies, NHL New Jersey  Devils Draft Hat, Caps | Fanatics

New Jersey Devils - 2021 Pre-Trade Deadline Presser

The start to the Devils season this year has been underwhelming to say the least.  We purposely brought in veterans to help our young kids learn how to play at the NHL level. Unfortunately despite our best efforts our team has played below our hoped goal. So our goal heading into the trade deadline will be to try and bring in both short and longer term solutions to help us become more competitive next season. Our young prospect pool is still rather young and likely will likely not provide us any quantity of youth for the next season or two. Our future in NJ is bright but it is important we are a respectable team that our fans would be proud of. We may not be able to turn the tables on this season but we will take the steps to us reach that end next season.

Being embarrassed on a nightly basis is not good for any teams culture or the mental health of its fanbase. The Devils managed to add two younger players this week in Max Jones and Nikolai Knyzhov whom we are thrilled to have in the organization. Nikolai is a player our scouts have been high on for quite some time. Getting him over to North America for ice time was important and we look forward to see his adjustment to the North American ice surface.

Knyzhov Skates In 1st NHL Game for SharksAnaheim Ducks: A Rolling (Max) Jones Gathers No Moss

We have a few players due for their ELC's in the coming weeks and we cannot be ecstatic enough for their arrivals. Most notably Alex Newhook, Ryan Suzuki, Marshall Warren, Sasha Mutala, and swedish phenom goaltender Hugo Alnefelt. All of these players are players we feel have a future in professional north american hockey.  Along with our strong draft class of 2020 featuring Yaroslav Askarov, Ridly Greig, Ozzy Wiesblatt, Roby Jarventie, Will Cuylle, and Kaiden Guhle. The latter being a player we feel is capable of being a participant in next seasons main camp. 

We had a very productive 2020 draft campaign selecting four players within the top 40 who were first round selections in the NHL Draft. Now we must make use our situation this season and make a foundational decision with our first overall selection in 2021; which we thankfully have this season. We have some pretty deep goaltending with the likes of Askarov, Alnefelt, Akhtyamov, Miftakhov, Shmakov, and Villalta. But we know these players will take time and none will likely be NHL ready in the near future. 

2020 Raw Charge Top 25 Under 25: #14 Hugo Alnefelt - Raw ChargeScouting Report: Yaroslav Askarov - Smaht Scouting

We will be required to find ways to get better and prove we are deserving of the love and adjolation of this fan base. We intend to do our best to to continue adding to exciting prospect pool; well also getting wins in the NHL. The in season adds of Rasmussen (22), Max Jones (23), Colin White (24), and Nikolai Knyzhov (23) are all our way of trying to achieve those ends. We look forward to the trade deadline and plan to be active both as buyers and sellers.  NJ will be looking for mid aged or veteran contracts on decent/good nhl teams with 2 or more years of term remaining past this season. We need to bridge the gap until the kids are ready; trades and free agency will be our best means to achieve that goal.

Hometown Canucks fueled Rasmussen's hockey passion | NHLPA.comWhite signs six-year contract with Senators

Any expiring UFA is a trade consideration for NJ. We plan to initiate talks with Zach Bogosian once his agent has more time after the trade deadline. But all remaining other pending UFA's can be had. Please note though NJ has zero retention spots available. Some players with 2-3 years term left can also be had but we may request an NHL body back if we need the coverage. Thanks everyone for your time sorry for the wall o text. Happy hunting folks! :D 

Edited by Rush17
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nail said:

Been a while since we've had a standings update so here is one now!

313a34313dbb9a44c4e18bb32c20f3de.png

On a side note, will be running an activity check of some sorts prior to the deadline. If you see this and haven't reached out to me in a while, message me on Discord or on CDC and let me know you're still around.

I'm worried that we have a few inactive GMs right now, so if anyone has any potential GM suggestions, feel free to direct them my way!

Preds coming closer.  My Team has to kickin´ Tires. Some guys slumpin´  and i need Mrazek back 

• RoughGame 1