The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If exposed would Seattle take Myers

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Hence, my (unpopular) idea of using our 1st to entice Seattle in taking both Myers and Roussel from us.   Ideally, we’d use Eriksson instead of Myers here, or just Eriksson by himself, but I can’t see Seattle or any team taking on Eriksson’s contract.  Would be very pleasantly surprised if wrong however.

Get Myers and Roussel off the books, and then go hard after Hamilton or Danault + one other minor piece.   Since Hamilton looks like he wants to re-sign with Carolina, I’d go really hard after Danault and secure him as a long term piece to set up our top 9 for years.  

My line of thinking is that IF the Canucks were to use their 2021 1st as a sweetener, then....

1) 9 million minimum should be the expectation with regards to clearing salary

2) A mass majority of this freed up money NEEDS to go towards ONE of Danault or Hamilton (Hamilton would likely take 9, while Danault would take 6).

I understand what you're trying to do with that proposal, cap space is more valuable than ever. But so are top 10 picks. Some have made the argument this might be the last time for awhile, with any luck, that we pick top 10 so we need to make it count with a player we draft and develop. 

we lack good defensively strong d-men. who could move into myers spot while we need to walk away from edler? we have schmidt, myers and maybe  hamonic if he is resigned. if they have replacements for both edler and myers, then maybe that would work. otherwise you stripping us of our defensive d-men.

• Vintage 1