The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade Shayne Gostisbehere, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2022 7th-round pick to Coyotes

9 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah; and about this trade - Arizona taking on salary for a 2nd & a 7th; whilst, they want assets for a regressing OEL - go figure but I get it cause Philly gets the cap space & salary relief from a player that is not a fit in Vigneaults' system.

For now (and perhaps the foreseeable future) cap space will become more of a priority due to the economic downturn; and good points.

I would rather have Ghost for free over OEL

as well nevermind getting a 2nd & 7th for Ghost and losing assets for OEL 

When you see the price of moving cap in the present....

It's not hard to understand why Ron Francis elected to retain his wildcard/leverage (if teams weren't ponying up in the/prior to the e.d. - not taking on all that much cap in the expansion draft process - and waiting it out - with probably the most leverage of any GM out there.

I'd enjoy watching that process play out - but as a team that's likely going into free agency as buyers - not so much.  Thankfully where Francis did spend - was on his blueline - so hopefully the pain he can still inflict is on different targets than those we will be looking at / probably looking for a pmd.  If he weren't so estute I'd suspect Seattle could make a run at Hamilton - perhaps Hamilton once again winds up with a parnter like Giordano.

If Francis takes Savard from us though....ouch.