The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2021-22

Nail

On 3/1/2022 at 7:05 AM, Down by the River said:

Los Angeles Kings Banner NHL Fan Apparel & Souvenirs for sale | eBay

Trade Deadline Targets

Playoff Bound/In the Mix (Ordered by Fantasy Points Per Game):

Raanta, Antti (Hurricanes): 85 Fantasy Points (6.54/GP; 13GP, 7-3-1) 

Jeannot, Tanner (Predators): 270 Fantasy Points (5.09/GP; Forget it, you're not getting him) 

Kane, Evander (Oilers): 69 Fantasy Points (4.93/GP; 14GP, 5G 5A 10P 16PIM)

Orlov, Dimitry (Capitals): 214 Fantasy Points (4.20/GP; 51GP, 7G 17A 24P 38PIM)

Kassian, Zack (Oilers): 113 Fantasy Points (3.23/GP; 35GP, 5G 9A 14P 38PIM)

Dowd, Nick (Capitals): 108 Fantasy Points (2.57/GP; 42GP, 7G 8A 15P 28PIM)

Engvall, Pierre (Leafs): 113 Fantasy Points (2.31/GP; 49GP, 9G 10A 19P 16PIM)

Leivo, Josh (Hurricanes): 12 Fantasy Points (1.71/GP; 7GP, 1G 2A 3P 8PIM)

Bjugstad, Nick (Wild): 54 Fantasy Points (1.69/GP; 32GP, 5G 4A 9P 8PIM). 

Bumping this post in advance of the TDL. 

Colin Blackwell was just traded to the Leafs, so he is also now available for a 2022 2nd.

MATHESON and BRODIN will be shipped heavily as we head into tomorrow.

Also looking to move players not on playoff teams such as A.JOHNSSON, EBERLE, T.JOHNSON, SHATTENKIRK, LABANC.

Reach out if a player catches your eye. Not much I won't deal right now

On 3/18/2022 at 1:36 PM, Rush17 said:

Varly also remains available. Can retain for next season which buys you three years of retention on his contract with an AAV of only 2.25m.

(4.5m this season, 2.25m starting next season running thru to 2024-25)

P.K. Subban also remains on the block. He has a high cap hit of 8m per season. He is reportedly on the block IRL. We would consider moving him if there is a way to facilitate a deal. Our priority would be to get him in some playoff games but if we are unable to accommodate that we may look to try and re-sign him. He would fit in nicely with our young up and coming D core.

(8M this season - Pending UFA)

Subban says he needs to improve as leader with Devils

OTHER UFA's under trade consideration:

Andrew Cogliano (LW)  4.8M
Chris Tierney (C)   4.25M

Derick Brassard (C)   2.25M
Derek Grant (C/LW)   1.5M

Dylan Sikura (F)   0.95M

Tyler Ennis (LW/RW)  1.0M
Sam Lafferty (F)   0.85M

Marc Staal (D)   2.0M

Radim Simek (D)   1.0M

Christian Wolanin (D)   1.375M

Andrew Hammond (G)   0.85M

Let me know. We got sometime. If someone moves to a contender feel free to reach out. 

Varly may not move. Open to moving others tho if they end up playoff bound. 

As previously mentioned.

Edited by Rush17

Late addition to the OTB section: Brian Dumoulin is on the block. Was not oTB until this hour...prime dman on a prime club, playoff bound. 

He has a ten team NO TRADE list...if you express interest i iwll let you know if your one of his 22 preferred clubs. 

2 years remain at a very reasonable 4.3m

Get him while its hot. 

REMINDER:

Our trade deadline is in 24.5 hours, tomorrow night at 10:00 PM PST.

This is also the last opportunity to offer for any current unrestricted free agents (not affiliated with any team in our league) until free agency begins.

cut.thumb.png.9466b941d13979b5ddf5712b6c4035cf.png

Willing to trade Marc Staal for a conditional 5th if Det doesn't move him this morning. Would be based on if he plays a playoff game. 

Have a general offer to any gm willing to take on the remainder of Nikita Zaitsev's contract as well. Will post later today.

Thanks

R17

NHL Delays Canucks Return to Play

Covering the trades that we have made to this point in one all encompassing release:

March 21st, 2022

VANCOUVER CANUCKS SPRINGTIME EDITION

Good morning everyone, I want to start by acknowledging the amazing January and early Feb run we made as a club, moving from the bottom 3 or 4 in the league to 164 points shy of a wildcard spot! A season highlight month for sure. Unfortunately, the high tempo fast pace points race couldn't be sustained over the long haul, currently sitting 326 points out of the final WC spot, bringing us to the deadline decision. Buyers or Sellers? Why not both?

Thus far we have completed six trades in about 24 to 30 hours, leveraging our playoff bound assets to accomplish some club goals. Be it moving out a tough NMC contract, acquiring more futures we have had our eye on, adding a draft pick for this summers use, or leveraging those hard working lunch pailers who contributed so nicely to our January rise while they held good value, we really wanted to make the most of this deadline to improve the future while maintaining our young core. I think we did just that.

Many thanks to the amazing crew we have lost in the last day or so; Ryan McDonagh, Colton Sissons, Evan Rodrigues, David Kampf, Erik Haula have left our room, while minor leaguers Nate Schnarr, Nick Camaano and Michael Gildon have also been dealt before they could contribute materially to our organisation at the highest level. Shea Weber never actually put on skates for our club, going on LTIR pretty much the day after we acquired him back in July 2021. We appreciate all of these outgoing guys and are happy that for some of your careers you were in the Vancouver Canucks jersey, making us proud.

Of course the purpose of trades is to rejig the clubs makeup for next year, and we did that in spades without sacrificing any of our 'youth core' as I have come to know them. We welcome Rasmus Ristolainen, Yanni Gourde, Evgeni Svechnikov, Justin Holl, Brayden McNabb and Tyler Johnson to our dressing room and future with the Vancouver Canucks. At the same time we are excited to add to our minor league program; Marcus Kallionkieli, Kristian Vesalainen, Aku Raty, Axel Rindell and welcome back to MacAuley Carson!

Saying goodbye to nine faces and hello to 11 newcomers is never easy, but we will make every resource available to help them fit in and adjust this season so that we can hit the ice flying next October. We feel that we got slightly younger, slightly harder to play against, gained some room to maneuver  by freeing up a few contract spaces and shedding a tough NMC contract. None of these individual moves would be a blockbuster, but we fundamentally changed the profile of the club, and frankly, I think these boys have an outside shot at pushing to close that gap with the final wildcard spot. It wouldn't surprise me to trip into the 9th place before seasons end. 

Thanks to five different GM's for six trades thus far; Gally, donut47, Rush17, Tylez and Winterhawks..... and remember: I am looking to shed a Dman before Noon Pacific Time. Reach out with your ideas, Dumoulin has a ten team No trade list, but 21 of you are free to make offers, I will look at anything that makes sense as you add to your playoff chances with a great Penguin Blueliner, perhaps.

• Like 2