Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2021-22

Nail

38 minutes ago, Tylez said:

Pending Trade:

Assingment: Tampa Bay assigns Logan Brown to the minors

Recall: Tampa Bay recalls Joseph Duszak

Pending another deal

Assignment: Tampa Bay resends Joseph Duszak back to the minors (Sorry Joe!)

I believe that is all the trades in my inbox!

Thank you all for another successful trade deadline and good luck to all teams down the stretch run.

Take a look at your Pickup rosters tomorrow and let me know if anything is missing. I caught that I missed the Justin Faulk trade from the 17th earlier tonight but that has now been fixed.

• Cheers 2

Arizona Coyotes Post-Deadline Lines

small.png Johnny Gaudreau - small.png Trevor Zegras - small.png Matthew Tkachuk

small.png Carter Verhaeghe - small.png Robert Thomas - small.png Lucas Raymond

small.png Brandon Hagel - small.png Rickard Rakell - small.png Martin Necas

small.png Logan O'Connor - small.png Trent Frederic - small.png Craig Smith

small.png Maxim Mamin - small.png Jansen Harkins

small.png Mark Giordano - small.png T.J. Brodie

small.png Oliver Kylington - vegas.jpg.e534096389de2352369053d9d45c4ec2.jpg Nicolas Hague

small.png Ryan Lindgren - small.png Ilya Lyubushkin

small.png Niko Mikkola

small.png Elvis Merzlikins

small.png Ville Husso

IR:

small.png Aaron Ekblad

small.png Anton Lundell

small.png Matt Roy

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

The Sharks could not be much more excited with how our deadline turned out, all things considered. We'd been working at trying to make a marquee acquisition for a while but nothing quite made sense. As deadline approached, with so many key players - DeBrincat, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Severson, Blackwood, Thompson - not in playoff situations, we decided not to load up for a run. We'll still have two more years after this with just about the entire core locked up, so we can wait another year to sort out who's playoff-bound and who we might want to flip.

I honestly wasn't sure we'd make any moves at all until this morning. But when we had the opportunity to pay just a 3rd to make a minor/moderate player upgrade (Foligno to Engvall) while saving 1.7 million with the same two year term, we had little choice but jump on the opportunity. And then Shattenkirk. We've talked a fair amount with Tampa Bay throughout the year about different things, and Shattenkirk seemed to keep coming up. This is an impact player at 2.125 for this year and next. We can understand why he wasn't in much demand considering the back half of the contract, but for a 4th and a B prospect, again, pretty much impossible to pass up. We have no doubt that we'll be able to find a solution to the contract if and when it becomes a problem.

Thanks to @Tylez and @Down by the Riverfor smooth negotiations. Also thanks to @Nail obviously, for everything. And best of luck to Nick Foligno and Dean Kukan with their new teams.

Vrana - Barkov - DeBrincat

Bjorkstrand - Backstrom - Brown

Engvall - Thompson - Hartman

Larsson - Gagner - Vesey

Lazar

Toews - Severson

Shattenkirk - Goligoski

Soucy - Fabbro

Durzi/MacDermid

Smith

Vejmelka

IR: Walker, Blackwood

Edited by HighOnHockey
  • Cheers 2

small.png  Jets Post-Deadline Roster

Miller - Stamkos - Kucherov

Janmark - Staal - Strome

Maroon - Sturm - Gaudreau

Lomberg - Bellemare - Reaves

Helm, Toninato

Carlson - Pelech

DeMelo - Tanev

Bogosian - Clifton

Ruhwedel

Fleury

Vanecek

Possible playoff call ups: Blidh, Shore, Koekkoek, Martinez

Happy with our deadline deals and overall depth. Could have up to 23 playoff players.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

NHL Delays Canucks Return to Play

Covering the trades that we have made to this point in one all encompassing release:

March 21st, 2022

VANCOUVER CANUCKS SPRINGTIME EDITION

Good morning everyone, I want to start by acknowledging the amazing January and early Feb run we made as a club, moving from the bottom 3 or 4 in the league to 164 points shy of a wildcard spot! A season highlight month for sure. Unfortunately, the high tempo fast pace points race couldn't be sustained over the long haul, currently sitting 326 points out of the final WC spot, bringing us to the deadline decision. Buyers or Sellers? Why not both?

Thus far we have completed six trades in about 24 to 30 hours, leveraging our playoff bound assets to accomplish some club goals. Be it moving out a tough NMC contract, acquiring more futures we have had our eye on, adding a draft pick for this summers use, or leveraging those hard working lunch pailers who contributed so nicely to our January rise while they held good value, we really wanted to make the most of this deadline to improve the future while maintaining our young core. I think we did just that.

Many thanks to the amazing crew we have lost in the last day or so; Ryan McDonagh, Colton Sissons, Evan Rodrigues, David Kampf, Erik Haula have left our room, while minor leaguers Nate Schnarr, Nick Camaano and Michael Gildon have also been dealt before they could contribute materially to our organisation at the highest level. Shea Weber never actually put on skates for our club, going on LTIR pretty much the day after we acquired him back in July 2021. We appreciate all of these outgoing guys and are happy that for some of your careers you were in the Vancouver Canucks jersey, making us proud.

Of course the purpose of trades is to rejig the clubs makeup for next year, and we did that in spades without sacrificing any of our 'youth core' as I have come to know them. We welcome Rasmus Ristolainen, Yanni Gourde, Evgeni Svechnikov, Justin Holl, Brayden McNabb and Tyler Johnson to our dressing room and future with the Vancouver Canucks. At the same time we are excited to add to our minor league program; Marcus Kallionkieli, Kristian Vesalainen, Aku Raty, Axel Rindell and welcome back to MacAuley Carson!

Saying goodbye to nine faces and hello to 11 newcomers is never easy, but we will make every resource available to help them fit in and adjust this season so that we can hit the ice flying next October. We feel that we got slightly younger, slightly harder to play against, gained some room to maneuver  by freeing up a few contract spaces and shedding a tough NMC contract. None of these individual moves would be a blockbuster, but we fundamentally changed the profile of the club, and frankly, I think these boys have an outside shot at pushing to close that gap with the final wildcard spot. It wouldn't surprise me to trip into the 9th place before seasons end. 

Thanks to five different GM's for six trades thus far; Gally, donut47, Rush17, Tylez and Winterhawks..... and remember: I am looking to shed a Dman before Noon Pacific Time. Reach out with your ideas, Dumoulin has a ten team No trade list, but 21 of you are free to make offers, I will look at anything that makes sense as you add to your playoff chances with a great Penguin Blueliner, perhaps.

20 hours ago, Nail said:

Couldn't find the post so overtyped this one as it was a discord deal...

To EDM - EDM 4th 2022 from VGK
To VGK - Brian Dumoulin
To VAN - Phil Kessel (50% retained by EDM as a third party)

11 hours ago, Nail said:

We have a trade to announce...

To TBL - Yanni Gourde
To VAN - Caleb Jones, Alex Stalock

I won't stretch this post out, but wanted to update my previous notes:

Continuing with the theme, we flipped Yanni Gourde form a previous deal to acquire a young professional Dman we like in Caleb Jones, who will take over Brian Dumoulin's spot in the lineup. Phil will thrill our audience and fans for the rest of this and next year as we continue to retool our older clause ridden D into a young vibrant group, without costing us any of our 'youth core'. Thank you to all the GM's we made deals with today, most were 'draws', some we lost, and some we won, but the overarching theme of the deadline was getting younger, cheaper and less restricted with clauses. Check and CHeck. We also, for kicks, got some big name folks to entertain us till the end of the season, a la NYR of the 2000's. Bums in seats, the one missing ingredient in Fantasy Hockey is how the fans react, of course. We feel we managed our rebuild to date with style and grace, never falling too the depths of a 'tank'. I think we will actually gain traction in the standings with our current iteration, but that is too little too late. Not in any way expecting a playoff spot this year. 

Cheers all, have a good end to the season and we will talk more deals in the summer, I am sure.

• Cheers 1