Formula One 2021

MaxVerstappen33

24 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Tsunoda off.

Perez off behind him.
Verstappen has to back off behind them.

Mercedes 1-2

Max: 'What a dumb idiot'.

Just like we all predicted after FP3, right?

All the Mercedes fans were throwing in the towel and giving up this race since Thursday. (not sure who you are behind lol)There were all these theories about why the RB was faster in Mexico.

Like this

Mark Hughes says it's because the Honda's turbo is able to spin at higher speeds than the Mercedes, meaning it's better at packing in the thinner air at high altitude.

and this

Being a maximum downforce circuit, Mexico seems to favour high rake cars. As a result, since 2017 the low rake Mercedes has never looked amazing round here compared to say Silverstone or Suzuka.I predict a Monaco-like race, with Max taking a comfortable win and Lewis struggling to score big points.

Ah well.. Back to damage limitation mode for Max. Try an undercut again. I think Max was calling Tsunoda an idiot. Emotions were super high. RB knew that they were losing control of this weekend.

I hear you can actually overtake on this track. But Mercedes has the straight line speed advantage can play different strategies with Bottas to shield Hamilton.

Was really looking forward to a good result. A shame.

This turns the pressure up on Red Bull with the next races favoring Mercedes.

Pit stops will be key and race start.

34 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

All the Mercedes fans were throwing in the towel and giving up this race since Thursday. (not sure who you are behind lol)There were all these theories about why the RB was faster in Mexico.

Lance Stroll (don't asky why lmao, I guess I just want to see a Canadian driver do well). I'm really enjoying this title fight as a neutral, best we've had since 2016 IMO. That being said, the online discussion around it has been so toxic, imagine if social media was a thing during the Senna/Prost years.

Think Verstappen should still feel good about his chances in the race. Rundown to T1 here is always a free-for-all and Hamilton will be starting on the dirty side of the track. Anything can happen, though, and that's always exciting.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Lance Stroll (don't asky why lmao, I guess I just want to see a Canadian driver do well). I'm really enjoying this title fight as a neutral, best we've had since 2016 IMO. That being said, the online discussion around it has been so toxic, imagine if social media was a thing during the Senna/Prost years.

Think Verstappen should still feel good about his chances in the race. Rundown to T1 here is always a free-for-all and Hamilton will be starting on the dirty side of the track. Anything can happen, though, and that's always exciting.

Lance Stroll gets a lot of hate because his daddy owns the team and some think that is the only reason he is still in F1 because he is a privileged rich kid.

People forget even Schumacher started as a pay driver and other modern drivers like Sergio Perez are backed by huge money as well from sponsors that make them attractive to teams.

Pierre Gasly might be the most underrated driver in F1 the last 2 years. He was treated very harshly for not being able to keep up with Verstappen in RedBull even though the car setup and design has always been made to suit him and his driving style.

The last teammate to challenge Max was Ricciardo albeit that was when he was a more younger,brash, and took more risks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Lance Stroll gets a lot of hate because his daddy owns the team and some think that is the only reason he is still in F1 because he is a privileged rich kid.

People forget even Schumacher started as a pay driver and other modern drivers like Sergio Perez are backed by huge money as well from sponsors that make them attractive to teams.

Pierre Gasly might be the most underrated driver in F1 the last 2 years. He was treated very harshly for not being able to keep up with Verstappen in RedBull even though the car setup and design has always been made to suit him and his driving style.

The last teammate to challenge Max was Ricciardo albeit that was when he was a more younger,brash, and took more risks.

Yeah I got nothing against Stroll. He has got a pole in the rain and a few things like that.

I agree that Gasley is one of the best on the grid. He has been beating the 2nd Red Bull for much of the season in a Alpha Tauri.

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Yeah I got nothing against Stroll. He has got a pole in the rain and a few things like that.

I agree that Gasley is one of the best on the grid. He has been beating the 2nd Red Bull for much of the season in a Alpha Tauri.

I feel like Mazepin's arrival helped reset the way people view Stroll (and Latifi, for that matter). They were able to see what a real pay driver looks like. I honestly don't know if Stroll will ever be good enough to be a WDC, but he has enough talent to hopefully win a race or two somewhere down the line.

I'm skeptical that Gasly will ever get back to RB given that they don't seem to be on the best of terms right now, but he deserves a chance to show what he can do with a better car. Next year's reg changes could shake up the grid order, so maybe that chance will come somewhere else.

6 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

I feel like Mazepin's arrival helped reset the way people view Stroll (and Latifi, for that matter). They were able to see what a real pay driver looks like. I honestly don't know if Stroll will ever be good enough to be a WDC, but he has enough talent to hopefully win a race or two somewhere down the line.

I'm skeptical that Gasly will ever get back to RB given that they don't seem to be on the best of terms right now, but he deserves a chance to show what he can do with a better car. Next year's reg changes could shake up the grid order, so maybe that chance will come somewhere else.

Gasly might have to wait for a seat at Alpine to open up once Ocon is out.

But Alphatauri is pretty good for a team that doesn't manufacture their own engines.

13 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Gasly might have to wait for a seat at Alpine to open up once Ocon is out.

But Alphatauri is pretty good for a team that doesn't manufacture their own engines.

Ocon has a long term deal by F1 standards. Alonso has 1 year left. But Alpine/Renault is struggling again. They are a works team with all the money and people. Maybe in 2 years they will be contenders again and Gasley can go there. But if the next 2 years are anything like the last 2, he should just stay at AT.

Maybe Hamilton will retire and he can go there.  But then they will have 2 number 1 drivers. Gasley and Russel would be a potent driver lineup.

Perez is getting too old. Red Bull would be stupid to give him up to anyone and not to put him back in their second car. 

Edited by MaxVerstappen33

6 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Ocon has a long term deal by F1 standards. Alonso has 1 year left. But Alpine/Renault is struggling again. They are a works team with all the money and people. Maybe in 2 years they will be contenders again and Gasley can go there. But if the next 2 years are anything like the last 2, he should just stay at AT.

Maybe Hamilton will retire and he can go there.  But then they will have 2 number 1 drivers. Gasley and Russel would be a potent driver lineup.

Perez is getting too old. Red Bull would be stupid to give him up to anyone and not to put him back in their second car. 

I think Gasly has already had his time in RedBull. I don't see him going back again that relationship seems to have fractured beyond repair for the humiliation he suffered of not being able to keep up enough with Max to have 2 cars to use in strategies.

Dr. Helmut Marko doesn't strike me as the sentimental type. He demands results and quickly as well for the same reason I don't see Albon back.

Gasly at Merc to replace Hamilton would be quite a huge shocker imo. I think him being paired with Norris is more realistic or even with his best friend Leclerc back at Ferrari.

Don't see Hamilton going anywhere until he breaks Schumacher's world titles record.

In a twist I could see Sainz leave Ferrari if they do not become more competitive in the next 2 years and join RedBull to partner Max as Checo Perez's eventual replacement.

Ricciardo could lose his seat in the next couple of years based on his current age and trajectory as well or at the very least get demoted to an irrelevant team like Bottas has.

Perez is not really too old he is still is great at looking after his tires and has always had good race pace. If he can improve his single lap pace in qualy he would be considered a still very capable number 2 driver for Max going forward.

His recent form has been quite solid hopefully he can keep this up and turn up the pressure on Mercedes who might finally have to plan for a second Redbull being involved at the front instead of only Verstappen.

Red Bull has a very promising young stable of drivers coming up through the pipeline in Formula 2 and Formula 3 as well.

If Tsunoda doesn't improve quickly he will be out of a seat after next year.

6 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Gotta love the Mercedes fanboys trying to reverse jinx it by throwing in the towel. What a bunch of clowns. 

ANYTHING can happen. Accidents , engines , tires. It's wide open only until every is mathematically eliminated.

So true and Hamilton acting like they all of a sudden RedBull have a much faster car despite no huge engine or chassis upgrades.

When Hamilton won all those years by huge margins it was never the car and people taking away credit from him in the sport saying he was simply driving in overpowered machinery compared to the rest of the field.

Merc still has the straight line speed advantage as evidenced by Perez not being able to pass Hamilton on the straight even with a slip stream and the benefit of DRS deployment.

Would be nicer next year if Scuderia Ferrari and McLaren could actually challenge for podiums as well and really start to apply some genuine pressure to the whole Mercedes-Benz and RedBull Racing race wins monopoly.

For the long term health of the sport the rest of the field has to be more competitive and it has to be easier to follow cars and pass without worrying about managing tyres, overheating, and the turbulent air coming off these new cars in 2022.

It would also help to have more genuinely good driver talents get opportunity instead of those that just have big money backing them.

Theo Pourchaire is a very promising F1 prospect currently climbing the ranks trying to establish himself as a winner in F2 first.

• Upvote 1