The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thread for those who disagree with the Rutherford hire

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I have been on the record for weeks that i thought Nonis , Gillis and Benning were ok GM's. So i know what you mean. But this is like complaining about polarisation after Trump got elected 

And with this post you are now on ignore. You've made it abundantly clear over the past 24 hours that you are not someone worth conversing with.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

So Jim Rutherford dragged out some bodies before his plane even landed ? 

This is something a Bergavin or a Mellanby or a Gilman wouldn't have done. If you thought Benning was an autocrat, wait till you see JR

Lol Farhan just tweeted those dismissals were in the works before JR was even hired so pump the brakes big guy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I have been on the record for weeks that i thought Nonis , Gillis and Benning were ok GM's. So i know what you mean. But this is like complaining about polarisation after Trump got elected 

In far too many of your posts you're somehow able to weave a Trump narrative in. What's with that? Is it just relating to one of the most polerzing figures of our time to drum up a response? 

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And with this post you are now on ignore. You've made it abundantly clear over the past 24 hours that you are not someone worth conversing with.

My biggest issue with the ignore list and vocal minorities is the massive dead space left on CDC. Even if the majority of what someone posts is crap, it's hard just seeing all these one sided conversations dotted around the forums.

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So it really is a cherry picked, inaccurate assessment by you of what the state of our prospect pool actually is now?

The reality is for all the bitching about Gillis leaving the prospect cupboard bare, Benning has done the same thing. At least Gillis had a reason like a cup run and a top of the league team. Having a bottom feeder AND wrecking the prospect pool is a pretty tough achievement by Benning.

But here we are. Rutherford has no futures to deal really does you can stop worrying now.

Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hoglander, Hughes, Podkolzin..... what did Gillis add through the draft? Even you have to admit DiPietro, Lockwood Klimovich, Rathbone and Woo is head and shoulders better than anything Gilles left behind on the farm.

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

yet he was named to the interim management group just days ago ? 

JR fired them.

Holy $&!# thank god you’re an insider and have all the firsthand knowledge on what’s happening behind the scenes and have a crystal ball that predicts what’s going to happen in the future. 

Edited by Pickly

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

My biggest issue with the ignore list and vocal minorities is the massive dead space left on CDC. Even if the majority of what someone posts is crap, it's hard just seeing all these one sided conversations dotted around the forums.

Yeah, it gets annoying. My ignore list is pretty small, but even one person that gets a lot of interactions can muck things up. Luckily, I find that most of the people that make my ignore list are usually gone pretty quick. 

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yeah, it gets annoying. My ignore list is pretty small, but even one person that gets a lot of interactions can muck things up. Luckily, I find that most of the people that make my ignore list are usually gone pretty quick. 

Mine as well. I will add some to my list for a few days or a week and it's usually nice to see that name just disappear over time. I generally only add people who are overly negative with nothing of substance to add. I enjoy my browsing time here, no need to read people's endless negativity. The world had enough of that already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Mine as well. I will add some to my list for a few days or a week and it's usually nice to see that name just disappear over time. I generally only add people who are overly negative with nothing of substance to add. I enjoy my browsing time here, no need to read people's endless negativity. The world had enough of that already.

I can take negativity to a point, so long as it's constructive or the person is at the very least being honest. This guy has been caught straight up lying, taking things completely out of context, ignoring comments made by Rutherford himself and now is even trying to create a parallel between Rutherford and Donald Trump to try and get people to hate him, and this has happened all in less than 24 hours.

Enough is enough.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I can take negativity to a point, so long as it's constructive or the person is at the very least being honest. This guy has been caught straight up lying, taking things completely out of context, ignoring comments made by Rutherford himself and now is even trying to create a parallel between Rutherford and Donald Trump to try and get people to hate him, and this has happened all in less than 24 hours.

Enough is enough.

Entirely agreed. Hell, I reckon you and I have even had some disagreements on this forum. Disagreements tend to lend to the best hockey discussions. Hate for the sake of hatred is just unnecessary.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

^ Don't any of you remember how this same group of reporters just days ago reported that Rutherford is NOT a leading candidate for the job ? I sure do. I specifically bumped the "anyone but Rutherford" thread that day. 

So find the links later 

Not the leading candidate. Meaning they then did interviews and made their choice on who's vision made the most sense for the team. You do know opinions can change, right? That doesn't mean you know more then the proffesionals. It means that at the time they had their eye on someone else, and the talks didn't go in a positive direction.

For instance, I didn't like tomatoes. Now I like tomatoes. If I ever told someone in the past I didn't like tomatoes, that doesn't mean I still don't like tomatoes. Make sense?

Edit; also, where? I checked that forum and didn't see you post anything about these guys saying he wasn't in the lead. Not saying that didn't happened, but it's your entire argument right now and I checked the spot you said I could find It, and didn't. All I can find is you sharing a bunch or HF posts and Calgary forum posts.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1

^ Looks like the thread is gone.

Anyway i did find a tweet from Penguins Now in 2014 that says he is NOT being considered for the job. Just before he got the job :rolleyes: I guess that was the signal this time too 

https://twitter.com/penguinslive/status/474304408096755712?s=19

Edited by MaxVerstappen33