The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Mathieu Perreault, Tyler Benson

1 minute ago, canucklehead44 said:

Petan sure gets a lot of hate for a local kid with well over a point per game in the AHL who has played a grand total of 8:18 for us in the NHL. 

I swear some people have personal vendettas against local players due to past experience. There was someone around here who just HATED Hunt early this year, for seemingly no apparent reason.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I swear some people have personal vendettas against local players due to past experience. There was someone around here who just HATED Hunt early this year, for seemingly no apparent reason.

Hunt has 5 points and is +4 in his last 7 games - can’t ask for much more from a guy making around league minimum 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Yeah, I’m not a big fab of Hunt myself but the last few weeks he’s been pretty solid in the lineup for us. Not sure where the hate for guys like him, Petan etc. comes from and always been like that here. A vocal minority seems to pick out and obnoxiously hate on our depth players for no apparent reason. 

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Its more like these same guys just want 20 year old players with no history and a clean sheet- no baggage.  They want a team full of young kids who blast off from the get-go because thats what they think wins in the NHL.  

Little do they understand that you don't see much of that in the NHL.   Experience is what wins championships.  Look at the roster of the panthers and the avs.  Look at St louis and Tampa.  Bunch of those guys had some down years early on.   Some of those key players were written off. 

Skill isnt what wins championships in the NHL.  What matters most is how a team of players come together, play together and support each other.  That comes with experience.

Im not the biggest Hunt fan, but i love how he fought back in to become a regular . Those are the type of players i want on this team.  

• Cheers 1