Dermott-Myers

7D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Defence isn't great.

Not sure what you expect to happen with the defence?  Hughes and OEL are not going anywhere.  Dermott we just acquired.  Schenn is fantastic, especially at this cap hit.  Maybe Myers?  Not sure how you're gonna find another Top 4 RHD to replace him without creating another hole in the lineup.

Just now, HKSR said:

Sam Reinhart who I'd say is a much more complete player and a centre as well just signed a $6.5M AAV deal for 3 years at a similar age as Boeser.  So I can't see how Boeser would get more than that.  He probably should get a bit less, so I landed at $6.25M.

Yah I agree, but with that QO hanging over him and the Canucks it just seems very unlikely for him to take too much of a cut from that number.

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Yah I agree, but with that QO hanging over him and the Canucks it just seems very unlikely for him to take too much of a cut from that number.

For term I could see it.  He's never been that healthy.  Relatively injury prone.  Getting security for long term at $6.25M should be mighty enticing for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Not sure what you expect to happen with the defence?  Hughes and OEL are not going anywhere.  Dermott we just acquired.  Schenn is fantastic, especially at this cap hit.  Maybe Myers?  Not sure how you're gonna find another Top 4 RHD to replace him without creating another hole in the lineup.

Well...I would build a team from the goal out every time.

In goal, no action required.

On d, it's bad, so I would work really hard to improve the d and thus create holes on forward. 

Forwards are easy to find realitive to d.

How do you actually do that? No clue, if I did I'd be a GM. I'd be targeting top 4 dman in exchange for whatever forward made sense, and trying to dump an existing dman. Realistically that's impossible.

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

The QO is just a number.  It's the players comparables around the league that matter to contracts.  If we offer Bess 6.25 over a long term, he's taking  that.  The cap is suposed to stay flat for 3-4 more years, right?  So I could see Bess signing a contract very similar to Rhino's.  And then he goes to free agency when the cap is supposed to go up and he might be able to sign for more.  Big risk for him though.  Especially if we offered him 50 million over 8 years.  

Just now, Chris12345 said:

On d, it's bad, so I would work really hard to improve the d and thus create holes on forward. 

How do you actually do that? No clue, if I did I'd be a GM. I'd be targeting top 4 dman in exchange for whatever forward made sense, and trying to dump an existing dman. Realistically that's impossible.

So who do you feel is not a Top 4:  Hughes, OEL, Manson, Myers

5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

???  Top four of Hughes, OEL, Myers, Manson isn't great?  Schenn has played like a top 4 D this year, but he'll be replaced soon enough and we have a bunch of RD for that 6th spot.

Schenn in a top 4 role isn't great nor is Myers.

In sort stints it has worked well.

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

The young top four right shot D is what JR/PA insisted on the return for Miller to be.  Maybe we move Garland straight across for a good right shot D?  Would Seattle trade us Larson straight up for Garland?  

Just now, Alflives said:

The young top four right shot D is what JR/PA insisted on the return for Miller to be.  Maybe we move Garland straight across for a good right shot D?  Would Seattle trade us Larson straight up for Garland?  

I would look at something like that.

As good as Garland is I think he is replaceable. 

• Like 1

Schenn is your top pairing?

Or is it more based on minutes which isn't detailed (which is fine).

I feel the way the defence is constructed, it's an even spread of minutes across all 3 pairings.  Rather than playing the top 4 25min a night each, the pairings play 20min each.  Hence having Myers on the 3rd pair with Dermott spreads it out.  Schenn has been a Top 4 in terms of underlying stats for awhile now. 

I would look at something like that.

As good as Garland is I think he is replaceable. 

Agreed.  We can replace Garland from within.  Boeser, I hope we do keep.  His shot is unique.  That goal last night is one very few players can score.  Having guys who can score from distance with an unscreaded wrister changes how D have to defend.  They must come out and take that away, which creates space down low.