The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Jack Rathbone

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Would like to see him paired with Myers or Dermott. If he clicks with Dermott then that's a brilliant bottom pairing unit to start next season. 

PPG in the AHL will surely translate now.

Super small pairing.  Theyd get wrecked. 

If todays pactice is any indication...

The trickle-down effect of Quinn Hughes missing with a non-COVID illness had Travis Dermott lining up with Tyler Myers and Oliver Ekman-Larsson with Luke Schenn. That left Vancouver native Burroughs, 26, with always-enthusiastic Maple Ridge product Hunt, 33

Canucks’ Kyle Burroughs buoyed by return, possible pair with Brad Hunt | The Province

Some of us need to temper our expectations. Rathbone makes at least one major mistake a game that results in a lost opportunity, grade A scoring chance against, and/or a goal against. He’s young, and has a lot of growing to do. I didn’t think he was ready to be called up from the Abbotsford games I’ve seen, even with his points. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, PlanB said:

This qualifies as an 'emergency' callup situation.

Jack has quietly had a great season - this is recognition of that.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with 'rushing our youth' - that's a false narrative that doesn't apply here.  

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Lol, the kid lives and plays down the road and is having a great season, he's leading all Abby dmen in scoring,  he's watched numerous teammates get called up and can now be rewarded himself with his own callup, and you think he's being rushed. It's not like he got put on the roster when he was 18.

i see neither of you read the post I quoted