The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-2023 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

8 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Same as last seson seems like many bought a reduced price ticket which came  with a drink and a hotdog but not for STH. The times I stood in the food line ups with people with those extar benefir tickets. Sticks in your craw

I keep my full season cause of the custom benefits program , I attend half the games a year and sell the other half on ticket exchange for sellers credits , but at this fkn rate I’m better ditching my season tickets and buying for less on the secondary market it seems 

2 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I keep my full season cause of the custom benefits program , I attend half the games a year and sell the other half on ticket exchange for sellers credits , but at this fkn rate I’m better ditching my season tickets and buying for less on the secondary market it seems 

You can find tickets at blow-out prices all over the place.   It's insanity having season tickets anymore with all the frustration of going to games you don't really want to go to and trying to dump unwanted tickets - usually at a loss for most games as there's a glut of tickets on the market and there are much better seat locations availbale too on the resale market than anything my past 20+ years of seniority ever got me to.   Last fridays game against the PENS had numerous lower bowl tickets in the end zones going for as low as $70 (All IN) on Stub Hub and that was a "Marquee" game.  Some of the weekday games against the cr^p teams are even cheaper.  Why throw your money away and have all the hastle?

The pain was certainly not worth the hastle for me, especailly for the last 8-9 years while the team has been so bad and likely at least the next few until JR somehow manages to untangle the Jim Benning Mess that's we're stuck with now - if he ever manages to do so before he dies of old age.   

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't say I'm impressed with these same old benefits.  How many times do you want to sit in the penalty box?  Don't want to skate on center ice.  They used to offer gift cards to places like Tim Hortons or the Aquilini restaurants.  We always went to the "meet the team" event but I don't even have interest in that this year.  I know, I am a big debbie downer.   

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I can't say I'm impressed with these same old benefits.  How many times do you want to sit in the penalty box?  Don't want to skate on center ice.  They used to offer gift cards to places like Tim Hortons or the Aquilini restaurants.  We always went to the "meet the team" event but I don't even have interest in that this year.  I know, I am a big debbie downer.   

I’m interested in the pre game from the press box and game with the alumni or a game worn jersey 

10 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

I won a game worn jersey in the 17/18 season, I won level 500 suite for a game and a free upgrade to lower bowl before 

Wow!  I have gotten a couple upgrades to lower bowl over the years, but I'm not sure if that was a "win" situation or something we just got for selecting it.  I recall we sat in the front row once, right beside the opposing bench.  That was kind of fun.  It was vs. Chicago and I sat right beside John Scott for a little while.  

On 11/16/2022 at 7:03 AM, SerenityNow said:

Wow!  I have gotten a couple upgrades to lower bowl over the years, but I'm not sure if that was a "win" situation or something we just got for selecting it.  I recall we sat in the front row once, right beside the opposing bench.  That was kind of fun.  It was vs. Chicago and I sat right beside John Scott for a little while.  

Here's an interesting question. If the Canucks go with a tank approach ie  rebuild how many will consider end  their Season ticket purchase. I say that because that's the case for me, I'm getting long in the tooth and going through further seasons of turmoil and losing, I'm just not up for it. I've held season tickets for close to 50 years always under the belief that things were/would get better. A rebuild would put that as mission impossible

13 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Here's an interesting question. If the Canucks go with a tank approach ie  rebuild how many will consider end  their Season ticket purchase. I say that because that's the case for me, I'm getting long in the tooth and going through further seasons of turmoil and losing, I'm just not up for it. I've held season tickets for close to 50 years always under the belief that things were/would get better. A rebuild would put that as mission impossible

99% sure I am done after this year, tank/rebuild or not.  Just so tired of it all.  If I ever want to attend a game in person, I will just do what everyone else does and buy off the secondary market for pennies on the dollar.  

A rebuild is the only way there's any hope of getting a strong contending team again one day.  But you are right, it won't be anytime soon.  We all know they should have done a proper rebuild back at the beginning of all this "reset" nonsense and they'd be contending now.  If they don't rebuild they will continue to limp along just hoping to get squeak into the playoffs for one round.  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

99% sure I am done after this year, tank/rebuild or not.  Just so tired of it all.  If I ever want to attend a game in person, I will just do what everyone else does and buy off the secondary market for pennies on the dollar.  

A rebuild is the only way there's any hope of getting a strong contending team again one day.  But you are right, it won't be anytime soon.  We all know they should have done a proper rebuild back at the beginning of all this "reset" nonsense and they'd be contending now.  If they don't rebuild they will continue to limp along just hoping to get squeak into the playoffs for one round.  

The quirk in the Italian nature, Francisco listens to Luigi. Luigi will not live long enough for a total rebuild. Sounds harsh but that's life

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I always thought Full season ticket members always get the best pricing for gaming tickets at 40% off…. 

but I saw a student rush deal for last nights Montreal game upper was $59 and lower was $69

my cost for the game was $75, imagine paying $300 to sit lower bowl just to find the Canucks were selling tickets at  $69 

3 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

So I always thought Full season ticket members always get the best pricing for gaming tickets at 40% off…. 

but I saw a student rush deal for last nights Montreal game upper was $59 and lower was $69

my cost for the game was $75, imagine paying $300 to sit lower bowl just to find the Canucks were selling tickets at  $69 

Par for course, Last season I used to get upset when in the queue for popcorn etc there was seemingly dozens and dozens of folk with special offers on a drink and a hotdog.... free when buying a ticket

3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Par for course, Last season I used to get upset when in the queue for popcorn etc there was seemingly dozens and dozens of folk with special offers on a drink and a hotdog.... free when buying a ticket

Seems like us STH get the short end of the stick these days eh? I don’t see any reason of being a member anymore tbh ….

• There it is 1

9 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Went to the holiday shopping event last night.  The highlight was seeing Ryp.  Honestly, that's been the highlight of my Canucks membership this year, full stop.  

I met my rep back in October at the sports bar for the Canucks road game thing