The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Miller’s Next Contract Total Dollars

Rate this topic

Alflives

Miller’s total dollars on next contract.  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

What does BB signing have to do with Miller ?

I think most agree that Boudreau is not coming back for a re tool.  No way he would come back if JT Miller is not.  I truly believe that it is both or neither.

I think 6 x 8.5 is going to be pretty close to the number.  We get good value for the first two years, fair value in the middle, and the last two years we take a bit of a hit.

I think Horvat is going to be similar AAV, but longer term, probably 8x8. 

Boeser will be dealt along Dickinson or Poolman for a 1st + prospect to make it work. 

7 yrs 63 million get er done..hes worth every nickle. Big man like that ..huge power play presence...lettiing those wristers go from top of the circles. they dont grow on trees. Hes the leader this team needs !

Edited by Rackdawg

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

I think most agree that Boudreau is not coming back for a re tool.  No way he would come back if JT Miller is not.  I truly believe that it is both or neither.

I see where your coming from, but just because jt doesn't come back doesn't mean retool. He could be traded for another good player and a pick, that cap space going towards another Ufa. Or he could be traded fir picks and we simply sign one or two really good players including an upgrade on d. 

Jt can't be resigned until July.

Hopefully a coaching decision is made before then. 

But I'm  certainly in the camp of resigning JT

15 hours ago, Canuck You said:

Wish more players had that Burr mentality and took a discount for the sake of the team.

Are you kidding me?  Burrows didn't take any discount.  If you are to take what he got paid over his entire tenure with the Canucks, it can be argued that he was more than fairly paid over nearly 12 seasons.

His third contract which paid him $2M per season was a team friendly deal, but to put it into context, he signed this contract extension after his 2008-09 break out season.  Before that season, he was a run-of-the-mill fourth liner/fringe third liner. He opted for a long term/secure deal (4x2M), a trade off he and his agent made after what was one season of extraordinary play.  He was arguably underpaid for the first three seasons of this contract, but he more than made up for it with the 4x$4.5M extension he signed in the final year of his third deal.

He was grossly overpaid (or more aptly, had his pay equalized for past services rendered) with his final deal with the Canucks where he was paid $18M to produce 273GP-48G-54A-102PTS-250PM (a small number of these stats with the Sens).  His final contract with the Canucks was a patronage contract given to him by Gillis for what he had done in the past because Burrows' game fell off the cliff after the first/second season of this contract.

Burrows was paid more than fairly by the Canucks.

As far as Miller is concerned, I suspect that he's going to get a pro-rated Blake Wheeler type of deal...that is 5 years at $9.0M to $9.5M AAV.  Miller's career trajectory is similar to Wheeler's, so I suspect that Miller will continue to be productive well into the full term of his contract.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Cheers 1