The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van Chi

2 hours ago, singing chef said:

The only forward on Canucks with more hits than DeBrincat at 101 was Miller with 172.  Look at DeBrincat's stats:  41g, 37 a, 28 ppp, 101 hits.  Compare to Horvat:  31g, 21 a, 19 ppp, 96 hits;  Boeser:  23g, 23a, 17 ppp, 35 hits. 

DeBrincat is a premium player;  granted he played on a line with P. Kane but if you put him on a line with Miller and/or Petey, the numbers project to be real good.

He may be small in stature but he's sturdy and game  !   I'd take him on my team any day.

DeBricat makes Johnny Goudrau look big.  stats- 12 LW R 5' 7" 165 Dec 18, 1997 Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Just like Johnny "hockey" I see a great reg season player however will be humiliated year after year when the real hockey starts the playoffs.Huge pass for what it would take to acquire. No need for the big Bert or Lindros players in today's game, but you still need to have some stature after playing 82 games and potentially another 28 every other night. Also DeBricats 101 hits are probably a bit misleading. Id take all 101 of his hits vs a couple Chara, Ovi, Clutterbuck, Weber, etc checks all day long.  

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, VanCan2023 said:
DeBricat makes Johnny Goudrau look big.  stats- 12 LW R 5' 7" 165 Dec 18, 1997 Farmington Hills, MI, USA

Just like Johnny "hockey" I see a great reg season player however will be humiliated year after year when the real hockey starts the playoffs.Huge pass for what it would take to acquire. No need for the big Bert or Lindros players in today's game, but you still need to have some stature after playing 82 games and potentially another 28 every other night. Also DeBricats 101 hits are probably a bit misleading. Id take all 101 of his hits vs a couple Chara, Ovi, Clutterbuck, Weber, etc checks all day long.  

Bang on. None of those little guys are left in the Cup Final. Look at the rosters for Tampa and Colorado. You won't see any small guys. Every one of the Tampa defencemen is at least 6-feet and 200 pounds. Most of their forwards are also bigger guys. Same with Colorado for the most part. I think it suggests that, as you say, smaller players might be great in the regular season, but often fold in the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Bang on. None of those little guys are left in the Cup Final. Look at the rosters for Tampa and Colorado. You won't see any small guys. Every one of the Tampa defencemen is at least 6-feet and 200 pounds. Most of their forwards are also bigger guys. Same with Colorado for the most part. I think it suggests that, as you say, smaller players might be great in the regular season, but often fold in the playoffs.

Other than point and Hagel right?

Edited by Nucklefuts
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Brayden Point, Patrick Kane, Marchand, St Louis, Ronning, off the top of my head. Plenty of lil fella's perform in the playoffs. Just need the right mix. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Brayden Point, Patrick Kane, Marchand, St Louis, Ronning, off the top of my head. Plenty of lil fella's perform in the playoffs. Just need the right mix. 

Definitely room for small players but some caveats.
They need to have some elite skills, DeBrincat has that.  They need to be surrounded by people that open up room for them and they probably shouldn’t be surrounded by a team that has a lot of other small players. 
I think there is room to have Hoglanders, Garlands, Hunts just probably not all of them on one team unless the rest of the team is big and tough. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Definitely room for small players but some caveats.
They need to have some elite skills, DeBrincat has that.  They need to be surrounded by people that open up room for them and they probably shouldn’t be surrounded by a team that has a lot of other small players. 
I think there is room to have Hoglanders, Garlands, Hunts just probably not all of them on one team unless the rest of the team is big and tough. 

Most definitely. Throw in Hoglander for Murphy lol