The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van Chi

22 minutes ago, Nucklefuts said:

DeBrincat

Boeser & 1st

Why would we make a trade as bad as the one the Hawks did to get Seth Jones?  Would we then grossly overpay Debrinksmurf too, like the Hawks did with Jones?  

Hawks are in the dumpster, and let’s leave them there - which is funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nucklefuts said:

For a 1st line player and a 1st round pick. 

They're entering a complete rebuild. Would you do that with a 25 year old, mostly likely overpaid, inconsistent, injury prone player?

And the 1st round pick. I wouldn't mind parting with that if we hadn't traded away so many early picks the last 2 years.

Chicago is said to be seeking "a young player, high draft picks, and top prospects". So we're probably out.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why would we make a trade as bad as the one the Hawks did to get Seth Jones?  Would we then grossly overpay Debrinksmurf too, like the Hawks did with Jones?  

Hawks are in the dumpster, and let’s leave them there - which is funny. 

The fact you think it's an over pay and the other guy thinks it's an under pay means it's probly a good trade. 

You're welcome.

Just now, Nucklefuts said:

The fact you think it's an over pay and the other guy thinks it's an under pay means it's probly a good trade. 

You're welcome.

Don’t want any player from the Hawks.  Terrible team.  :sick:

• Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Nucklefuts said:

DeBrincat

Boeser & 1st

OMG never make this trade?? DeBrincat 24, 5'8 -- last 2 season point a game player avg 35 G.... 

Would never trade another 1st rounder and Boeser Never never... Try and workout new contract 3 yr X AAV 6.6 million

We need more grit and speed and make cap room..DeBrincat will be demanding big contract summer 2023-- 6 yr X 8 million

38 minutes ago, Nucklefuts said:

You're welcome.

If you're referring to me. I didn't say it was an underpay. I said WTF would Chicago do this?

40 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I like DeBrincat but I'd be more interested in Dach if he's actually available.

He apparently is but not sure Vancouver can pay the futures Chicago are looking for in return.  Chicago is in a full scale rebuild with Davidson suggesting that it could last 5 years or more - says they will take the necessary time to get it right.

Everyone is for sale for futures.  DeBrincat, who is younger than Boeser and has hit 40 goals is considered too old for their rebuild.  Hagel was 23 when they traded him at the TLD for 2x 1sts.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Didn't JR say he wanted to get bigger?  If so, why would we trade for a guy who is smaller than Garland?

The only forward on Canucks with more hits than DeBrincat at 101 was Miller with 172.  Look at DeBrincat's stats:  41g, 37 a, 28 ppp, 101 hits.  Compare to Horvat:  31g, 21 a, 19 ppp, 96 hits;  Boeser:  23g, 23a, 17 ppp, 35 hits. 

DeBrincat is a premium player;  granted he played on a line with P. Kane but if you put him on a line with Miller and/or Petey, the numbers project to be real good.

He may be small in stature but he's sturdy and game  !   I'd take him on my team any day.

• Like 1